Search results

1. J

WiiM Ultra

It is only in beta testing currently, so not many of us have had the chance yet, unfortunately. There's a dedicated thread over on the Wiim forum https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/beta-test-room-correction-for-wiim-pro-pro-plus-amp.3096/
  2. J

WiiM Ultra

How about a toslink switch?
  3. J

WiiM Ultra

It does have 2 digital inputs, though.
  4. J

WiiM Ultra

Having balanced XLR output doesn't make it a 'better' analogue output stage as such and would likely mean losing one of the other inputs/outputs, as space is tight on the back.
  5. J

WiiM Ultra

Post in thread 'WiiM Ultra' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiim-ultra.50897/post-1955415
  6. J

WiiM Ultra

I'm not sure AES in/out was ever realistically on the table, not enough demand at this level of the market, surely. I think people are getting a little hung up on the name 'Ultra' (even more so on the Wiim Forum) and expecting it to have every connection and feature imaginable.
  7. J

WiiM Ultra

Wow, I think Wiim has nailed the aesthetics side and, for me, the feature set is really comprehensive. Will be interesting to see the price at launch, I'm gonna guess at £400/$500, which will massively undercut Eversolo.
  8. J

WiiM Ultra

The USB can be used for audio output as well as connecting a usb drive.
  9. J

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Are you describing dropouts whilst using Bluetooth? If so, have you tried adjusting your phone's Bluetooth settings to see if you can stabilise the connection?
  10. J

They likely realise it is not necessary.
  11. J

Mine is barely above room temperature now and I've had music playing continuously for about 90 minutes at what I would consider a very loud level (I wasn't listening) so I can't see it being an issue.
  12. J

Douk Audio P1PLUS is coming!--Strange or Amazing?

Depends how you pronounce duke I suppose. I hear Americans pronounce it "dook" whereas I would pronounce it "juke".
  13. J

1) You long press the volume knob to switch the unit on/off 2) If you aren't using the USB input, then it doesn't matter which option you choose. 3) No, the 4.4mm is not a balanced output. There is no difference in power/sound between the two. 4) Difficult to gauge, sometimes, but I've had my...
  14. J

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Depending on the tablet and what app you're using, you'd most likely have a better option in DLNA or Airplay as well.
  15. J

You can connect a Bluetooth source, yes, but it doesn't support LDAC/APTX.
  16. J

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiim-pro-plus-streamer-review.50254/post-1847186
  17. J

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

I don't agree with the slow roll out comment, but yes it is as transparent as any digital EQ. The Roon EQ is far more sophisticated and neither would have a significant negative impact on fidelity. Not sure about whether the Wiim would apply it's EQ on top of Roon's EQ, but I doubt it. The...
Top Bottom