Search results

1. S

WiiM Mini Streamer

That's a bit like comparing apples to oranges really. If I was going with a full screen client I'd have to go with foobar as there are a load of beautiful skins for that. I had thought the mobile version of that skin wouldn't look that good, but I'd say that whilst it's 95% the same as...
  2. S

WiiM Mini Streamer

I was referring specifically to its UPnP browser, I don't know about the other views, but for UPnP it's far from subjective in my opinion (see attached images where MinimServer and BubbleUPnP is on the left and MinimServer and WiiM is on the right). The only artwork it displays is on the track...
  3. S

WiiM Mini Streamer

I do remember hearing about the new version changing the packaging system, that's a shame. I guess you could try it by running it on some other machine and if you liked it you could always stick it on a Pi.
  4. S

WiiM Mini Streamer

but @mccririck isn't using a WiiM mini, he's using a Chromecast Audio which also doesn't hold the queue without BubbleUPnP server. In addition, the browsing experience is horrible through the WiiM app. I don't know what music server you're using, but MinimServer and BubbleUPnP are in a...
  5. S

WiiM Mini Streamer

Yes, primarily to proxy your renderers to give them OpenHome functionality. This enhancement means the queue - and the responsibility for advancing it - lives on the renderer, and therefore is no longer dependent upon your phone/tablet being active. It'll also transcode for you if needed, but...
  6. S

WiiM Mini Streamer

I've been using a Chromecast Audio as a sort of "portable" music player (that requires power) around the house with a set of headphones, and when I saw your comment about BubbleUPnP making it gapless I had to check, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't. The 'Gapless playback' tickbox isn't there...
  7. S

WiiM Mini Streamer

Thanks for the suggestions. Disabling the MIME-type check makes no difference at all, resulting in the same error message. If I change FFmpeg audio decoding to 'Audio formats not natively supported' then I get the same result, only if I force decoding to 'All audio formats' does it work, which...
  8. S

WiiM Mini Streamer

Has anybody got the WiiM acting as a UPnP renderer with MinimServer? I'm using MinimServer as the music source and BubbleUPnP as the control point (which has been flawless until now) and every time I try and cast a music file (be it flac or mp3) to the WiiM, BubbleUPnP presents the error...
Top Bottom