Search results

1. J

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Now if you consider that a subjective review without (allegedly) wrong measurements would make it safer for the reviewer. „I don’t know, they just sounded a bit crap to me.“ Anyway, as a real (not just armchair :) ) lawyer (although not in the US), I wouldn‘t want to represent Eric...
  2. J

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

I often think that people who call flat speakers „boring“ don‘t really understand what „flat“ or „neutral“ in audio means, and are the victim of some weird, misinformed linguistic association simply based on the general meaning of the words „neutral“ or „flat“. :D
  3. J

Which speakers/setup for ride cymbals

Oh yes. It’s a fantastic album. I am a huge, huge, huge Coltrane fan, but Lovano’a version of Central Park West almost pips the original. Almost! :)
  4. J

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Were they* ever that cheap? Paid double that, easily, years ago. RRP is currently EUR 500,- What are the better deals at $199 (let alone 500)? Genuine question. :) *HD650
  5. J

Cambridge Audio CXN V2 Measurements (Streamer & DAC)

Bit disappointed by the 3rd version of the CXN - I had it on my general radar because sooner or later, I want something with a screen (again, coming from a Squeezebox Touch oinks ago). I was hoping they'd bring it more in line with their EVO amps, with a big, flush 7inch screen.
  6. J

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Nürnberg, Germany.
  7. J

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

It‘s an active speaker that‘s basically self-sufficient. You don’t necessarily need a second one, you don’t need a Dac, no pre-amp, no streamer. I am not sure what it would even compete with at that price.
  8. J

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

They sound better than what the very vast majority of people (outside of this forum) have at home these days, so I find the “only good for casual listening” comments a tad dismissive. I have Neumann monitors at home, but I could live with a pair of Sonos 5 if I had to. I don’t like how they...
  9. J

Neumann KH150

Wow, that's crazy. Cheapest I've seen them is for 2600,- €. I think I've paid 2.900 €.
  10. J

Neumann KH150

I use mine at 2,90m, and they sound fantastic, more so with the MA-1 alignment kit. That listening distance is well within their specs (up to 6m, Neumann says). While the „recommended“ specs go „only“ to 2,50m, that refers to the SPL you might need in a studio environment and which they will...
  11. J

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

I am sure I‘ve read *somewhere*, before I bought them, that you could set a standby time in the software, but I haven‘t seen such an option. Would like to make it shorter as well. No issues otherwise with standby or anything else!
  12. J

Deeper bass, obviously, and DSP, but they do sound *very* similar, which is what I wanted/expected. I could have achieved the same/more with the 750 DSP, I guess but living in an apartment, I was a bit “scared” of a sub, and the 120s serve a different purpose now, anyway. If I may add...
  13. J

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Tempted, but I’d only use it as a streamer as well - not because I expect an audible difference, but because of all of the RME ADI-2 DAC‘s additional features. I don‘t suppose there‘s a similar product with a comparable screen that’s only a transporter? edit: typo
  14. J

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but the Dynaudio Core 7 costs quite a bit more than the (non-AES) KH 150, and even more than the KH150 AES, at least here in Germany.
  15. J

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

Thanks - I am pretty much 2m, so still nearfield. I do find it a *tad* bright now, though, probably because I am used to the kh120s, without any correction.
  16. J

Apologies in advance that I didn‘t take proper screenshots. Is this a reasonable result, or should I expect something different? Edit: that’s an untreated living room
  17. J

Can't decide between Neumann kh150 and kh310, help needed

I am in absolutely no position to help you with your question, only that I had similar thoughts and decided for the kh150, which I bought just Saturday. I was too hesitant to buy the 310 because I expect Neumann to upgrade the entire range, so it would be wiser and wait to either buy a future...
  18. J

Can't decide between Neumann kh150 and kh310, help needed

Sorry, that‘s not quite true. Both the kh150 and the 310 have the exactly identical recommended listening distance between 1,0 and 2,5 m, according to Neumann’s spec sheets.
  19. J

I bought a KH150/MA-1 bundle and just set up the MA-1 for a quick test run. After some initial difficulties (mostly my fault, like forgetting to install the Focusrite’s drivers on the PC), everything seems to work fine. Silly question time: am I supposed to let the “listening chair” where it...
Top Bottom