1. S

Is Digital Audio Transmission Analog? [video]

I mean, Already Mythical seems quite truthful
  2. S

Ugh

Thank you
  3. S

Ugh

emergency Flight from Europe to Australia to see my expiring father before he passes - business class $ cattle class ticket
  4. S

Reality Check - Does this reviewer make any sense at all?

From a book The acoustic argument: science and listening experience in architecture of the 20th century. (My translation from German - published by the Dept. Architektur ETH Zürich. gta Verlag) the picture appears in a section on The ear as measuring instrument and as organ of perception, and...
  5. S

suggestion for an RPi music server+player

I don't have any experience with the other options but I installed Volumio and it has been a simple process and is reliable with the one caveat; when my phone goes to sleep, I have to reconnect to the app each time I want to address the interface... It's not a huge problem, just mildly...
  6. S

Reality Check - Does this reviewer make any sense at all?

it’s called ‘urwissenschaft’ - the one true source
  7. S

Review and Measurements of Musical Fidelity V90 DAC

I think the limitations lie elsewhere in what I have. In my studio I have some PMCs with a metric halo lio8 and the difference is clear, (room acoustics aside) but I don’t feel I’m missing out when listening at home in my tiny living room. I don’t listen on headphones ever as it’s not really my...
  8. S

Review and Measurements of Musical Fidelity V90 DAC

I got one of these 2nd hand, maybe 18months ago, for 140€. it’s paired with a Yamaha A-S300, also 2nd hand for 80€, and fed with an r pi streamer over usb and optical spdif from. TV. I love the simplicity, the sound and the aesthetic pairing with the Yamaha is also very satisfying. my first...
  9. S

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Does the display really have all those different colours at once? Amber, blue, white, black. One of the ugliest things I’ve ever seen.
  10. S

Chord Hugo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Yep. Jumped out at me too…after the micro usb which I never want to see/experience again. It just looks cheap
  11. S

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Totally agree in a similar situation. I retired a pair of quality powered monitors and By just adding this thing for 170€ I have an absolutely fantastic sounding system ….stopping me getting out of bed though.
  12. S

Q acoustics concept 20, harsh sounding.

That’s interesting such a modest change in amp made such a difference. I have a pair on their purpose built stands fed by a Yamaha a-s300. They sound fine/balanced; certainly not harsh or strident. They are a bit lethargic in this combo though. My other issue is I need to turn them up a bit too...
Top Bottom