Search results

1. J

Linn Tukan active crossover frequency

I’ve got a mike so will measure the bass driver FR and post it but I doubt I’ll improve on stereophile. Even in passive they are much better sounding than a speaker that size ought to be.
  2. J

Linn Tukan active crossover frequency

I have just acquired a pair of Linn Tukans. I want to build a crossover to take them active. I cant find any specs in Linn docs on XO frequencies, but given they use the same tweeter as Keltiks would I go far wrong in going for 2.7K with a 24DB/octave slope?
  3. J

801 Repair Guidance Thread

I’ve now got a fully working tri-amped set up for the B&W 801s. I’ve measured the freq response with a Umik and REW and it looks pretty flat although both speakers drop off after about 15khz. This is of no concern to me as my ears fall off at about 12. I can’t imagine going back to passive XOs...
  4. J

Serge you area genius!. I've just done that and the problem is solved. I've put a note in my diary for 2032, but I'm unlikely to be able to do this again then, or there to do it at all :).
  5. J

The original XO is still in place. Doesn't 'sound' electrical.
  6. J

BTW, I should add that following Sergeauckland's guide on Audio Forums, I'm in the middle of converting these to tri-amping, using the LR crossover and amps designed by Rod Elliott at ESP
  7. J

I have a pair of these 801s from 1984 and they sound great... But. Recently one of the woofers has developed a 'buzz' which occurs only on very low bass notes, such as extended low organ notes. I cannot see anything physical that is amiss and it is not an issue of the housing or physical...
Top Bottom