Search results

1. MengW

PSI Audio Avaa C20 experience

I have some doubts about this point of view to reduce the flow resistance for larger dimension thicknesses, because I did try to compare 3.5k and 10k Pa*s/m² in COMSOL simulation, and can not get the result. Do you know, in addition to this page, is there any research or reference material for...
  2. MengW

Although, I don't think C214 looks better than C20, but I am waiting for try it for fun and report the result. Now, there is only one rented small room, so I think that the W371+AVAA should be the best and easiest and expensive solution for me, and then they did give me this magical and amazing...
  3. MengW

I had 4 AVAAs for 26.5m² living room of another apartment from 2019. For my current small room of 13m² , I think 2 or 3 AVAAs and polyester are enough to decay the sub bass energy, the fourth avaa position is still not the best and most effective position now.
  4. MengW

I got this AVAA simulation data in COMSOL from PSI a few years ago, fyi.
  5. MengW

This is the KEY AES research paper of AVAA, Low frequency absorption by velocity control through acoustic resistance https://www.mbakustik.de/wp-content/uploads/article_aes.pdf
  6. MengW

Last month, PSI released new AVAA C214 in NAMM. Just now, found out this page with the price, about £3K. https://sxpro.co.uk/category/your-room/acoustics/
  7. MengW

Can I get the early and late frequency response and cumulative energy time from REW?

Hello, Follow the JohnPM's reply, I got the early and late curve with REW. full -125~500ms, blue early -125~20ms, red late 20~500ms, green Friend A, Polk audio SDA speakers+Dirac, less room acoustic treatment. There are a lot of late energy. Friend B, 2 way 8' speakers, with 6 pcs...
  8. MengW

Can I get the early and late frequency response and cumulative energy time from REW?

Yes, I found that it takes a lot of knowledge of acoustics and psychoacoustics to use REW well, and I think I will keep on studying hard. Btw, currently, I still can't understand the different values of 1000Hz after 100ms, in RT60 decay, Decay, Spectrogram Fourier mode and Wavelet mode.
  9. MengW

Thanks for your reply. Cumulative energy time, the time taken after the arrival of the direct sound for the sound field to rise to the steady-state level. From the report, I found that the correlation between Cumulative energy time and reverberation time (RT) is very strong in LF. - -
  10. MengW

There is the early and late frequency response in Genelec GRADE report. I can use the IR windows of REW and get the frequency response of 0-20ms above 50Hz, but, cannot change the Left window value in IR windows to negative, such as -20ms, to get the curve after 20 ms. I found out the...
  11. MengW

Moving mic vs. averaged vs. single point measurements - which is better?

Spatial stability of the frequency response estimate and the benefit of spatial averaging https://assets.ctfassets.net/4zjnzn055a4v/6nKDWR1VsWp2WkaAqdvdDT/09402de507362053495f5f53e8a86d87/AES_141_-_Spatial_Stability_of_the_Frequency_Response_Estimate_and_the_Benefit_of_Spatial_Averaging.pdf...
  12. MengW

Which one is correct? 85 dB SPL or 83 dB SPL from Bob Katz Level Practices

Many years ago, I tried to use the peak volume value to set the playback volume, but failed. https://toneprints.com/media/1017421/lundt013011.pdf - - Now, I calibrate my speaker with EBU R128 standard -23LUFS=73dB SPL. Analyze the Integrated Loudness of music with the Youlean software. If...
  13. MengW

Bob said, This 88-90 dB+ region is used in films for explosions and special effects. In music recording, naturally-recorded (uncompressed) large symphonic ensembles and big bands reach +3 to +4 dB on the average scale on the loudest (fortissimo) passages. Rock and electric pop music take...
  14. MengW

I tried to collect some standards and recommendations, and found out these two representative speaker calibration levels. 0dBFS (LUFS) = 96 ~ 97dB SPL EBU R128 ATSC A/85, Room Volume in Cubic Feet < 1,499 ITU 1116 Bob Katz Mastering level Dolby AC3/DTS Home Theater Hugh Robjohns, Page 3...
  15. MengW

I did check the level calibration pink noise signals of EBU, ITU, ATSC, which is +3dB when two speakers played. But, regarding the speaker level calibration, all the standards and materials I have seen, are only for one speaker.
  16. MengW

I found out the Appendix 2 in the web page. So I think that the 83 dB SPL should be the updated version.
  17. MengW

你好, 我找到了 Bob Katz Level Practices 的两个版本。一个是 83 dB SPL,另一个是 85 dB SPL。 哪个是正确的? 谢谢。 https://www.digido.com/portfolio-item/level-practices-part-2/ https://www.aes.org/technical/documentDownloads.cfm?docID=65...
  18. MengW

Do you think this Comsol simulation result of Bass Trap make sense?

Thanks for your inputs. I have been using AVAA for three years. The effect is still very satisfactory, except for the price. It works for 15~150 Hz with surface of R0.2m x 0.5m 1/4 cylinder at 120 Pa*s/m specific acoustic impedance. When turn on the power switch of AVAAs, the world is quiet...
  19. MengW

Do you think this Comsol simulation result of Bass Trap make sense?

Still thank you for your reply! - However, I still haven't found an answer. - I have no actual experience with similar bass traps, have not found out A/B comparison. - In my opinion, R=0.6 meter x 4 pcs,should at least handle with the 80Hz, but from this simulation results, it is only effective...
Top Bottom