Search results

1. Danaxus

Let AVR power Multi-Channel Speakers, or Get Dedicated Power Amp for Some/All?

Hi all, I'm currently in the process of setting up a mini home-theatre. I have 2 active speakers (front LR), and 9 passives being powered by a Denon x4800h used as centres and surrounds. I'm a little worried that the poor thing won't be up to the task, as the speakers are ls50 metas that...
  2. Danaxus

Damaged KEF LS60W Woofers - Aesthetic or Measurable?

Please look away if a photo can cause you physical pain. As to the how: toddler. And on that note, anyone here looking to adopt? Is this damage just aesthetic, or do I need to send the speaker back to KEF for repairs?
  3. Danaxus

Helmholtz...Ping Pong Resonators?

So uhhh, you know how we all have a little chuckle whenever we see people putting up egg cartons on the walls? Remember how we laughed them out of the room as they shouted "just you wait! we'll show you!" Well, they're back, this time with ping pong balls...and actual science...
  4. Danaxus

Stereo with Side Reflections vs Absorption and Upmixing/multi-channel - Does a Best Practice Exist?

A lot of you are way deeper down the rabbit hole than I, so I'm really curious what you guys have read and experienced. Ignoring budget (obviously, or this is over before it starts), is there an optimum room/speaker configuration for music-listening? On the one hand, you can have a 2.x setup...
  5. Danaxus

Room Treatment Plan - The Retirement Gift Update

Hi all! About a year ago, my parents decided to build a new home. As a retirement gift for my father, I decided I would design a dedicated music room for him. And thus I gingerly dipped my foot into the rabbit hole of acoustics and promptly fell into the infinite void. A year later, the...
  6. Danaxus

Encyclopaedia Audiophilica I: Room Design & Treatment

For the past few months I have been doing a ton of research in an effort to design an audio room for my father, as a retirement gift. This involves everything from the ground up - from designing a room in a house currently under construction, to choosing speakers, electronics, finding the ideal...
Top Bottom