Search results

1. F

Why do people like integrated power in amplifiers, remember Mission Cyrus One :-)

They seem to be going for around £200 still. When I got my second one 10 years ago it was getting difficult to find ones that still worked perfectly as then they were discontinued a VERRY long time ago even then. So the thing I wonder is what would people recommend as a worthwhile upgrade if...
  2. F

Why do people like integrated power in amplifiers, remember Mission Cyrus One :-)

I get that but the class D amp I saw was tiny even with inbuilt PSU so not convinced. however, I guess if the measurements here are good it's not an issue. I also find the smaller cables from the bricks are easier to cable manage on a desk.
  3. F

Looking for am amp up to about £150/$. Sabaj, SMSL & Loxjie look promosing.

Thanks, everybody. From looking around the core of all the amps I mentioned are probably fairly similar. But the DAT/BT, on the ones with it built-in do differ, but apart from people saying they are not great on the SMSL SA300 which is a real shame as I was definitely leaning towards it. This...
  4. F

Seems like a bad thing to me. Yes, you don't have a power brick but surely from magnetic interference, POV it's better not to have it near the main circuitry. Also makes it more difficult to fix if the power supply goes wrong, or upgrade it. I remember the Mission Cyrus One which had an...
  5. F

Thanks, not come across that. Was looking at SA300. Can't find a lot of info on it, guess cos it's new, but looks like there is no bass/treble control (and no remote I think). Did find https://hifigo.com/products/smsl-a300. But https://www.smsl-audio.com/ seems to be down. Wondering how...
  6. F

So from reading around the SMSL A100 seems a good bet but have come across a lot of other options but could not find full reviews of them here so wondered if the A100 was what people recommend. I will be using them with Q Acoustic 3020i speakers. A lot of the time I will be using a computer to...
Top Bottom