Search results

1. E

Avoiding Ground Loop Balanced To Unbalanced

My sub has 60hz hum, which seems to be caused by a ground loop (only manifests when connecting via RCA cable to the receiver). The sub is powered by a different outlet (no way to work around this), so a ground loop would make sense. There is quite a bit of discussion on the forum to avoid...
  2. E

Compact Center Channel Speaker

I am looking for a compact center channel speaker which can fit inside my media console (BDI Sector). Unfortunately, the top shelf is designed for soundbars, so any speaker would have to be less than 7.75in D x 6.5in H. The rest of the setup makes a center which doesn't fit in the console...
  3. E

Speaker Wire vs RCA

Why are line-level interconnects (RCA cables) generally coaxial, while speaker wire is typically parallel wires of bare copper? Is it a function of coaxial cables not being able to handle the current? My understanding of the design of coax (ground shielding the signal) was to avoid both causing...
  4. E

Lexicon MC10 + HypexNC252 for HT/Stereo Setup

I am looking to set up a system for both home theater and stereo listening. I have settled on the Kef LS50 Meta speakers (5 channels) as well as a SVS sub. Stereo sources would be turntable, CD player, streaming. Multichannel would include Bluray player, gaming console, and streaming. Stereo...
Top Bottom