Search results

1. G

How to measure IEMs cheap for use with AutoEQ?

Thanks, yeah i know that after 10k it gets a bit eh. But i was wondering if that was only when comparing to other measurements/your ears. Basically my question is will it be accurate for 10khz+ for relative measurements? If i matched the 8k resonance on both? Or say i dont even move the iem for...
  2. G

I'm considering getting one just to help me make decisions about EQ and tips too. Are the measurements reliable up to 20khz? I see places say that they aren't accurate above around 10k, but for relative measurements would this be okay? Say if I have two items and I want to compare their...
  3. G

FiiO KA13 - new portable / USB dongle DAC & Headphone Amp combination

Has there been any more reviews/measurements of the fiio ka13, i have a hiby fc1 and it doesn't have enough power for my planar IEMs, so trying to decide between the KA13 and similar dongles in its price range, it seems like the best option, but not many reviews/measurements
  4. G

Does the Hiby FC4 really suck that bad?

Good to know that the fc1 is just pretty shit then lol. I'm probably gonna end up replacing it with the fiio KA13, seems like it's a good option, lots of power and the same cs chip that is generally well regarded in this forum. For a very similar price to the fc4.
  5. G

I wonder if it's just QC issues? I have a hiby FC1, and the first one I ordered had loose buttons and would not work with a trrs jack. Imo the fc1 doesn't sound great (especially when you turn the volume up) but it is cheap so I don't expect much from it. I've not had the best experience with...
  6. G

4.4mm balanced dac to xlr into mixer?

Thanks! From reading that thread, what I understand is that there really is no difference between me going 4.4 to XLR Vs 3.5 to RCA/TRS, as it won't be a truly balanced signal in my use case. This whole idea was more of a random thought/project, I will not be using it for performing often, it...
  7. G

Yeah seems like I won't even consider the fc4, as there are much better options. Too many even! Sonata BHD Pro Truthear Shio Moondrop Dawn Pro Fiio KA13 (and a few other models) Tanchjim Space Hidizs S9 Not sure which one to get! I see there are some with DSP/EQ built in too, are there any...
  8. G

Thanks for clarifying, I kept reading that +4dbu was the standard line level output. So my use case for the dongle should be fine then (as the preamp on the stagebox/mixer would have headroom to amplify). I am looking for an all in one portable device that i can use for my laptop to connect my...
  9. G

The idea here would be to use be able to go direct in without having to use a DI, and the inputs are XLR only (not combo jacks) (stagebox) So ideally i should be fine if i just keep the volume down? Or i could build a custom cable that integrates an attenuator in the cable itself, so it would...
  10. G

Is it possible/safe to use a dongle with a 4.4 balanced output and connect it to a pro audio mixer with an xlr adapter? My use case is to run an output from a daw on a laptop in a live environment connecting to a pro mixer. Would it be possible to make/buy a 4.4 to xlr adapter and use a dongle...
  11. G

Ive got the Hiby FC1 and ive noticed that it seems to be quite bright in the treble. I wonder if its just a Hiby thing?
  12. G

Safe listening levels and headphone voltage/power requirements

Ah okay thank you. Well as i play games too, ill probably keep the output down by -3db so even during loud game audio it doesnt distort even if it is inaudible.
  13. G

Is the distortion on the RCA as well as the TRS main out? According to Julian's video he said distortion improves even at max volume when using the RCAs. However maybe it is different for the 204HD. I assume to be safe i should just apply a -3db preamp in eqAPO or voicemeeter to both my outputs...
  14. G

Behringer UMC204 HD Audio Interface Review

Does anyone know if the distortion at -0dbfs happens for the RCA playback outputs too? Do i have to reduce the output by -3db for both RCAs 1/2 and 3/4 too? Or is it only for the main TRS out? Also is the output voltage the same for TRS and RCA? (1v?)
  15. G

Thank you! My EQ is just a 4db wide boost at 20hz (only really affects up to around 100hz). So i would assume that it would just be -5db preamp that i would factor in? I believe this is referring to the RCA output. That is where i got the 0.75v from...
  16. G

Am i doing this correctly? I am using a Sabaj A10h as my amp for TYGR 300R headphones, with a UMC204HD as my output (i believe the RCA out is around 0.75v?). I have a -5db preamp on the output using voicemeeter because of EQ. When using spotify to listen to music (usually pop) with normal...
  17. G

Unfortunately it's not on there.
  18. G

Thanks! I guess it's not really worth it then. My main use was to make my cheap ANC earphones sound a bit better quickly, I guess the best i can do without spending too much money is just doing it by ear. Unless i specifically needed to measure multiple earphones, it would probably just be a...
  19. G

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on measuring IEMs/earbuds for use with AutoEQ.app I have a dayton imm-6, and i saw that its quite common to use that and a tube to get measurements for not too much money. I don't need the measurement to be perfect, just good enough...
  20. G

Small portable dongle/dac with low latency/ASIO support?

I managed to get the realtek working, but I had unusable latency. Have you tried starting the ASIO before playing in your other app? For me I setup ASIO first, (make sure windows sample rate is the same) (realtek only allowed 44.1 for me), and then start playing Firefox.
Top Bottom