Search results

1. K

Cambridge Audio CXA81 Review (Sample 2)

I have Topping E50 connected with CXA81 via XLR and it is a perfect combo. USB is unconnected to avoid possible issues. The E50 is connected to a PC acting as source via USB (actually a Raspberry Pi 4 using Moode Audio implementing room correction with CamillaDSP). I am quite satisfied with the...
  2. K

Cocktail Audio X45 Streamer/Ripper/DAC Review

I think it that an Rpi4 with moode audio as OS linked to a topping dac (E50 or E70), you have much better performance and even more functionalities. Surely less friendly to set up, but for way less than half of the price..
  3. K

Neumann KH120 II

It would be very nice a review from @amirm :) I am also really curious to see the teardown. For instance to verify that caps are improved with respect to the Capxon ones found in KH80 on teardown... KH120A internally is very well built and no criticized components were found. Is this the case...
  4. K

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

I was completely blown up by Anaïs Reno's debut album. The recording looks great too. It sounds great on my system. Caravan, Anaïs Reno Other great voices but from my country: I Walk a Little Faster , Chiara Pancaldi The Nearness of You, Lucia Minetti BTW , recordings from Velut Luna label...
  5. K

Analysis of Paper on Measurements of RCA Cables by Kunchur (Video)

I really enjoyed this video. Falsehood on cables should be really discouraged. There is a lot of people wasting money on that. Thanks @amirm :)
  6. K

It could be. But not knowing internal topology of CXA81 we cannot say if it is equivalent to join binding posts or not. From listening point of view seems to be some differences but at this point I have no idea of the cause. yeah I need to do some additional investigations :D
  7. K

ahah but this would have generated macro-effects and I would have noticed that something was wrong. It must be something more subtle. I have used 3mt cables with 12 AWG, I have two identically sets of cables in two different setups. So I borrowed one from my setup 2 to make the test.
  8. K

I agree that things are a not clearly stated in the manual. But the cited post clears this completely. However it is coherent with the fact that they call it bi-wiring. Now it is more clear. I suspected. Yes now I see :) Yes, what I meant is that if they are linked it is equivalent to...
  9. K

@Snoopy @Jimbob54 I think we are a bit speculating here. I do not know the topology of outputs and do cannot any measurements. Looking at the internals: I see four capacitors that could drive the four output channels but could be also be linked (two for a single channel), so honestly I cannot...
  10. K

It was not to be correct, just to highlight what I think it is important, sorry, it was not to be rude :) Ok but where is said that is two channels? I see four channels here. Specifications does not say. But 750W as the max power consumption would be coherent with 4 independent powered channels...
  11. K

@Jimbob54 @Snoopy @audio_tony In my opinion you have a wrong understanding of the matter, you rely on the lexicon instead of going into the merits of the concepts. Bi-wiring uses *the same cable with 1 end on amplifier and 2-ends on speaker* to drive the speaker crossovers at the same time...
  12. K

Of course not, but you should read the specs better: it is rated as an 80W *per channel* into 8 ohms amplifier (120W/channel into 4 ohms) Using two different amplifiers with different PS is surely better from isolation point of view, but this aspect is secondary. From efficiency and thermal...
  13. K

Sorry but no. Using 4 channels (enabling both A and B speakers) and removing the binding post on the speaker is passive bi-amping (whatever CA is calling it). If there are separate powered channels that's passive bi-amping. The only difference here is using two different amplifiers with 2...
  14. K

As a follow-up to the discussion, I have managed a test using the 4 channels of CXA81 instead of 2, in a passive bi-amping configuration. With passive bi-amping configuration I hear subtle but always present differences: bass is almost the same but for mids and highs there is more separation...
  15. K

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Honestly I think this is not feasible. Calculating reliable statistics of good unit yield is something even the manufacturers themselves struggle to do. Moreover with one unit tested, there is no statistics at all. If you get a good unit, you can torture it as you like, but it will have nothing...
  16. K

Which streamer for Tidal?

No no, it was a real bug on wired/wireless connection affecting local devices detection in the LAN (via UPNP). Luckily they have already fixed the bug. This morning I have downloaded version 3.3.72 and now it works like a charm again :)
  17. K

Don't do it :) It is better to wait someone else with the last version and see if it has the same problem! Do you know of any other player with the same functionality ? (Tidal browsing and streaming over UPNP local devices)
  18. K

With the yesterday update (3.3.71, the 1st of July, 2022) I am not able to see UPNP devices in my network anymore (I have a Raspberry Pi 4 with Moode Audio). Before the update I was able to find Moode UPNP among devices and stream to it. Now the app crashes at startup if WiFi is enabled...
  19. K

Thank you for the post, very informative.
Top Bottom