Search results

1. B

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

LS60's for over a year now, along with 5 grandchildren and 5 rowdy dogs that visit with them. Knock on wood, but no issues this far. There is enough to keep them occupied, and on the one or two occasions when one did want to touch the speakers a quick "tut-tut" was all it took. I am more worried...
  2. B

Travel speaker

I have a UE Boom and Megaboom that have done well for me over the years, I can even let them float in a pool!
  3. B

Hi Res music

I have been rather happy with Deezer for the past couple of years, and since it streams at Airplay 1 (not 2) it goes at CD quality. I understand that the ability to stream at hi res is not the same as the catalogue being all hi res, in fact maybe 10% or whatever of a streaming service such as...
  4. B

What streaming service do you use?

I currently stream via Airplay 1 which generally works for me. I have tried the KEF Connect app with good results, however the big limitation is I have playlists of up to 6000 tracks and the Connect app does not play well with that. Deezer Connect is not (yet) supported by my LS60's and I hate...
  5. B

I do believe that would be the max. Along those lines, it would be good to note how much of any streaming library can go better than that as most is not actually available in hi res, and then you have to decide if in your listening environment can you really hear a difference between CD and hi...
  6. B

Apple Music Streaming quality in Kbps, Losses vs. Hi-Res, AirPlay 1 vs AirPlay 2

If I read this correctly, you agree with what I read on Darko's site which suggests that, for me at least, Airplay 1 is still the preferred way to stream. My LS60's are Airplay 2 compatible but as I stream from Deezer which supports Airplay 1 I still get CD quality which is good for most of my...
  7. B

KEF LS60 Advice

I understand that LS60's in a traditional European style kitchen (I have been in many!) might not be ideal. If what the OP proposes is a setting like my "kitchen", which is really a great room setting that opens to a seating area and adjacent rooms, then I think humidity would not be an issue. I...
  8. B

KEF LS60 Advice

Your room sounds rather similar to mine, results here are stellar and I think you will be happy! Oh, and loud enough to get your neighbours involved.....
  9. B

There is a new Eve Airplay device coming out.

I don't see anywhere in the literature that the device will actually stream lossless via Airplay? I am sure that it can, but in reality is the stream downsampled?
  10. B

Deezer for now, still streams lossless on Airplay 1.
  11. B

Recommendations for Bluetooth Speaker: Sonos vs JBL vs Devialet

If you like Apple devices would you consider the HomePod?
  12. B

Recommendations for Ho Chi Minh City

We were there a few months ago, stayed in District 1 close to the Ben Thanh market. There is so much to do, and it does depend on your tastes so everyone's recommendations will vary. Check out episodes of Anthony Bourdain and Phil Rosenthal to get some ideas of culinary adventures. Take a "free"...
  13. B

Bluetooth speaker for travel

I am still happy with my UE Boom and Megaboom, having compared to offerings by Sonos, Bose, JBL and as well Bang and Olufson. Why not just get another UE product?
  14. B

Spotify and Qobuz difference

My understanding is you can upload mp3 files to Deezer, but that is a lower quality than what you stream from Deezer.
  15. B

Epic Road Trips

Damn, nice pics! I'll have to put aside an hour to check them out.
  16. B

Epic Road Trips

We live close to Banff, been there many times and as well have done the Banff-Jasper route numerous times, truly beautiful! You can get rooms in Banff easily mid-week winter or summer, in our younger days skiing and tenting were big but now we are more in to sightseeing, a little hiking and nice...
  17. B

Epic Road Trips

Interesting that this topic just came up. My wife and I are looking at vacay options and are considering a raid trip next year. Something like straight down from Calgary to somewhere around New Mexico, east to around Charleston and up the Eastern Seaboard, then west through Wisconsin and...
  18. B

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

As well they each contain all the electronics...amps and such, to add to the heft.
  19. B

Spirits, what you drinking...

Brandy drinks are rare, until you go to order an Old Fashioned in Wisconsin! Or try this one, Strathcona Junction 1.5 oz Hennessey VS 0.75 oz Falernum 0.75 Lemon 2 Dashes Degroff Bitters Method: Shake, Double Strain Glassware: Coupette Garnish: Expressed and discarded Lemon zest
  20. B

Spirits, what you drinking...

Ah, the deal with the Devil! Ferrand's Curacao to many is the best one to use in a Mai Tai, especially around here as we have not had access to Clement Creole for over a year now. The issue with many Plantation Rums is the undocumented addition of additives, mostly sugars in various forms but...
Top Bottom