Search results

1. X

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Awesome! I knew there had to be a "correct" way to do this. I am not sure if it even matters ... maybe I could feed the balanced 1/4" jacks into an unbalanced RCA ... but I was not sure. This is a powered mixer (150W each side out) ... this is just for the monitor speakers. We have not...
  2. X

Could well be. It was the 32 V 5A supply that came with it. Maybe it was dying and just could not maintain the 7 v min. Only once or twice did I need to cycle the power to get it to come back on ... 90% of the time the amp would come back on after a few seconds. *** Question ..... I have...
  3. X

No, I am sure it was not a thermo shut down. It only happened when the I raised the input level (judging by the meters on the mixer) to zero (meters calibrated from -20 to 20 dba) ... didn't even touch the mast level output. I thought it was either an input protection at first or it could be...
  4. X

I never looked at how the IP codes are represented. I just look up things like "what does IP67 mean" I am an old NEMA guy ... NEMA 4, 4x, 12, .... I would say this is a IP10 .... Any large surface of the body, such as the back of a hand, but no protection against deliberate contact with...
  5. X

Completely agree! As this will be hidden up under a card, I was not too concerned with looks. That said, I like the idea of seeing inside things like this. I will have to give some thought to a better looking version to put on my desk.
  6. X

Just an update ... With the stock 32 v power supply, I kept having the amplifier shut down when the input reached a certain level. I figured it had to be either a protection on the input or on the output. The meters on the mixer were no where near the red. I got a 0-48 volt supply (10A ...
  7. X

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 dying ???

Hey! Got my A07 last week ...connected it to a Yamaha MG10 mixer and some Neumi BS5 speakers ... seemed to work great. Now after a week, I notice when my level meters on the mixer go to 0 (when talking into a microphone), the amplifier cuts out! It will sometimes come back ... sometimes I...
  8. X

You bought a $400 for a $70 amplifier? I understand this may be a very good supply but it defeats the purpose of buying this amp. I wanted an economical amp with decent sound quality and volume. I got it in last night .... hooked it to a Yamaha MG10XU mixer .... AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!! I really...
  9. X

Thanks again so much for all the information !!!!!!! I did get the one that came with the 32 volt 5A supply ($80 on Amazon). It just came in today ... I will hook it up tonight and see how it does. I can always add a higher voltage supply and a fan if I need it later. Thanks again!
  10. X

Stereo in/out from sub on laptop ... ???

Actually the mixers are the best part of the system. She has two Yamaha units ... EMX2000 powered mixer and a MG10XU. She was just using a cheap dongle plugged into the USB port on the laptop to get two audio jacks (mic and headphones). I simply used the mic to go the the mixer and then took...
  11. X

Stereo in/out from sub on laptop ... ???

OK, my wife wanted to play something on one program .... mix it with her voice .... then put it back into the computer on a zoom session. So .... she had an external mixer a few decent powered microphones .... I bought a cheap USB to audio adapter ... think it was $10 It had a USB plug to go...
  12. X

Neumi BS5 as monitor speakers or ???? advice please

Hmmm .... now I have some thinking to do. I know I am not get much in my price range. I was looking at the Sony SSCS5 (but had a rear port) ... or Yamaha NS-6490 (reviews said the cross over was non existant) .... and that gave me the Neumi BS5 Interesting .... I had not looked at the BS5P...
  13. X

Thanks. So you don't think I need the extra headroom (I think that is the correct term)? Yes, I eventually would like to get some true monitor speakers but I "think" the Neumi SB5 for just over $100 will work. That is exactly the one I was looking at. After watching the reviews, I was going...
  14. X

Hey! OK ... I am not an electronics guy but really need some advice. I am going to order one of these amps (Aiyima A07) to power some monitor speakers for my wife's chorus (aim at the group and use for practice). My problem is with the power supply. It recommends 48 volts at 7.5 amps OK ...
  15. X

Neumi BS5 as monitor speakers or ???? advice please

My wife directs a community chorus. She wanted a small system that she could use for practice (she inputs the music on the computer and plays it to them while they sing) and then use as monitors when they perform (she has an old powered Yamaha mixer with speakers they aim at the audience when...
Top Bottom