• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumi BS5 as monitor speakers or ???? advice please

xtal_01

My wife directs a community chorus.

She wanted a small system that she could use for practice (she inputs the music on the computer and plays it to them while they sing) and then use as monitors when they perform (she has an old powered Yamaha mixer with speakers they aim at the audience when they perform).

So ... money is tight ... what else is new.

I found a small mixer cheap so she can put a mic and the computer in at the same time.

I "think" I found a cheap amp ... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CJZGT6H/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza?th=1

The Audio Science review on youtube is what lead me here!

So, I need some speakers.

"Real" monitor speakers are just out of the budget.

You reviewed a set on Amazon ... NEUMI BS5

They are $110 a pair.

Obviously not perfect be seem OK for the price.

I wanted to check ... in that price range (say $100 - $150) is there any speakers that would be better?

I looked at the Sony SCS5 but they have a rear port ... I need all the sound to project forward toward the group.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!

Here is their link: https://www.vermontsfreedomandunitychorus.org/

Mike

OP
X

xtal_01

Welcome to ASR.
See my ‘active/passive speaker recommendations’ threads in my signature.
Hmmm .... now I have some thinking to do.

I know I am not get much in my price range. I was looking at the Sony SSCS5 (but had a rear port) ... or Yamaha NS-6490 (reviews said the cross over was non existant) .... and that gave me the Neumi BS5

Interesting .... I had not looked at the BS5P

So ... $50 more that the passive ones.

Is it better to spend $50 more for powered or $80 more for passive plus the A07 amp.

Looks like I have a bunch of reading and thinking.

Just FYI ... I over think everything! I am sure at this price range and for what they are being used for, no one will even notice the difference.

Over thinking is why after a year I am not even half way through building my new workshop: Mike builds a workshop

Thanks ........

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
The value of Neumi BS5P is hard to beat....until you get to about $300-$350/pair.

See review.
Be sure to plug the ports in the front, and use the latest firmware.
It even comes with a remote.... hard to find in passive speakers + amp + preamp at around $150/pair.

OP
X

xtal_01

The value of Neumi BS5P is hard to beat....until you get to about $300-$350/pair.

See review.
Be sure to plug the ports in the front, and use the latest firmware.
It even comes with a remote.... hard to find in passive speakers + amp + preamp at around $150/pair.
Thanks so much for the advice !!!

Top Bottom