Search results

1. M

Match Genelec speakers with Genelec sub or different brand?

Starting to browse/shop for a sub. Current setup is 8040b's as mains and an old BIC F12 sub in the corner. Some googling turned up posts saying that Genelec mains should be matched with Genelec subs - to that end I found a local-ish seller selling a Genelec 7060 for around $1000.. but at around...
  2. M

What do reviewers mean when calling a sub 'musical'?

Is it just bs? is it something about how the speed that the woofer moves? Ive heard some people say that some subs are better for music and others for movies is that part of this? Any help/insight appreciated. Thanks
  3. M

WTB: minidsp flex balanced

Looking to pick one up - figured i'd see if anyone had a used one gathering dust before ordering new. Thanks in advance M
  4. M

RCA to XLR to convert or not

Going to be adding a MiniDSP into the middle of my chain which is currently CXN -> Genelec 8040s via XLR outs. It's looking like my options are between the Flex Balanced, 2x4 HD (with RCA to XLR adaptors). I know the sonically better option is the Flex Balanced but at more than double the...
  5. M

What do I upgrade next? Sub or DSP or Streamer

Hi all. I have a simple-ish setup: Streamer: Cambridge Audio CXN into a pair of Genelec 8040b's and a single BIC F12 sub. Setup does double duty 70/30 music to tv/movies Upgrad-itis is presenting in the following conditions.. Swapping out the CXN for an Eversolo dmp-a6 - Slightly...
  6. M

Cambridge Audio CXA81

850 obo + shipping/fees Lunar Grey, perfect condition, adult home use. Includes original box, remote, cables. Located in CT, happy to do f2f
  7. M

purchasing help/advice, between 8030c vs 8040b

helllo. As the title suggest I am between a pair of 8030c's or 8040b's. Both sets are used and looking at about an extra $1000 to go for the 040's. These would be going in my main room doing double duty for tv/movies and music. I do have a sub, but its nothing special but would be something to...
  8. M

WTB: UMIK-1

If you have one for sale that you no longer need, sell it to me. thanks
  9. M

Upgrade the two-channel speakers or build an avr focused setup??

Current setup is CXA81/CXN and an old pair of Klipsch KG4's (listening postion about 15ft away) But I am having trouble hearing dialogue when I use my setup for movies and tv shows (I did make sure that the audio is set to stereo mode) My question is.. would I be better off putting the money...
  10. M

Going for a LCR setup.. and i'm confused.

I don't want a fancy surround setup with deep emersion... I just want better dialogue when watching movies/youtube. My current 2.1 setup is leaving my saying 'what did they just say?' more than my girlfriend appreciates, so thinking a 3.1 setup will make us both happier. Based on the Review...
Top Bottom