Search results

1. M

Match Genelec speakers with Genelec sub or different brand?

Your comment sent me googling on the topic of LFE and how low one needs to go and came across this article. Seems to cover the topic quite well.
  2. M

Match Genelec speakers with Genelec sub or different brand?

Starting to browse/shop for a sub. Current setup is 8040b's as mains and an old BIC F12 sub in the corner. Some googling turned up posts saying that Genelec mains should be matched with Genelec subs - to that end I found a local-ish seller selling a Genelec 7060 for around $1000.. but at around...
  3. M

What do reviewers mean when calling a sub 'musical'?

Is it just bs? is it something about how the speed that the woofer moves? Ive heard some people say that some subs are better for music and others for movies is that part of this? Any help/insight appreciated. Thanks
  4. M

WTB: minidsp flex balanced

bump, still looking.
  5. M

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

some people enjoy an physical remote for common tasks like volume and power
  6. M

WTB: minidsp flex balanced

Looking to pick one up - figured i'd see if anyone had a used one gathering dust before ordering new. Thanks in advance M
  7. M

RCA to XLR to convert or not

Going to be adding a MiniDSP into the middle of my chain which is currently CXN -> Genelec 8040s via XLR outs. It's looking like my options are between the Flex Balanced, 2x4 HD (with RCA to XLR adaptors). I know the sonically better option is the Flex Balanced but at more than double the...
  8. M

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

where did you order from?
  9. M

What do I upgrade next? Sub or DSP or Streamer

Yup, think I will start with the miniDSP Flex (unsure between Dirac or just REW) - and then after that I will address the sub, and then after all that I can reevaluate the streamer.
  10. M

its funny you say its a decent sub cause @Battlebeast a few posts before said not a good sub. haha Goals... no specific goals other than chasing 'better' sound. Goal behind DSP would be to demystify the sound in my room (but i think it sound decent at the moment) Goal behind new sub would...
  11. M

Yea i picked up a UMIK-1 a month ago, but struggled a little bit figuring out exactly what I was doing with REW.. Followed some tutorials and was able to get some measurements just not sure I was doing it right.
  12. M

Hi all. I have a simple-ish setup: Streamer: Cambridge Audio CXN into a pair of Genelec 8040b's and a single BIC F12 sub. Setup does double duty 70/30 music to tv/movies Upgrad-itis is presenting in the following conditions.. Swapping out the CXN for an Eversolo dmp-a6 - Slightly...
  13. M

Genelec setups in living rooms [how to]

Here is my living room setup, not that sexy but i enjoy the sound. - distance to the couch is ~16ft - distance to the lounge chair is 8ft (i move it out to triangle position with speakers) - single source provided by CA CXN (very interested in upgrading to eversolo dmp a6 for the nicer screen)...
  14. M

Cambridge Audio CXN V2 Measurements (Streamer & DAC)

I have had the unit for a few years now, not without its quicks but I enjoy it. I have a pair of Genelecs hooked right up to the XLR out's and its been a delight. If i go back to passives ill be looking at a Purfi or Hypex setup as well. Let us know which way you go
  15. M

Genelec speaker stands

I had intentions of finding a 'better' stand for my 8040's but the cheapo stand I had from my previous ones actually works/fits perfectly. isopods fit the top plate with minimal excess.
  16. M

Cambridge Audio CXA81

850 obo + shipping/fees Lunar Grey, perfect condition, adult home use. Includes original box, remote, cables. Located in CT, happy to do f2f
  17. M

purchasing help/advice, between 8030c vs 8040b

pulled the trigger and went with the 8040's... should be here in a week. :D
  18. M

purchasing help/advice, between 8030c vs 8040b

such as... or just making it known that there are other speakers out there? Current setup has a big pair of vintage klipsch kg3's so anything thats not a giant box should pass gaf testing
Top Bottom