Search results

1. N

JBL 308P MKII 8-inch 2-way monitors - first impressions

I had actually looked at those cables and contemplated purchasing them
  2. N

JBL 305 MKII $89 @ Sweetwater

I don't know about the 305, but my 308's get plenty loud through windows with the focusrite.... But................ They get even louder hooked up to my Integra DHC-80.2 and sound great. I have tried hooking mine up the following ways: PC>>BEHRINGER UMC204HD>>308P'S (RAN THE RCA OUTS INITIALLY...
  3. N

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UJEKZ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  4. N

The noise pretty much completely disappeared when I went from the focusrite to the jbl's via 1/4" TRS to XLR cables. The only noise I have that does exist is when my head is within a few inches of the tweeter and it sounds almost exactly like putting your ear up to a seashell. I don't...
  5. N

Yes that's exactly how I do it. I max windows volume and the amp volume and use the scarlett control knob
  6. N

"One is having the speaker plugged into a different circuit than the source component. " >>> I made sure that I was not doing this.... This was definitely not the issue for me. "Another is feeding unbalanced you need some fair amount of shielding." >>> This could have been the culprit...
  7. N

I have tried both and had the same result with either. It's when I went RCA to TS that I had the noise
  8. N

Originally my 308p had more hiss, and also had a hum that increased as the volume pot increased... It was annoying and sounded like shit to me. I was using unbalanced cables though. When I went to balanced cables, the hum went away, and the hiss decreased so much I could only hear it within a...
  9. N

Seeking DAC / AMP combo suggestions, please!

You can get the topping d10 and the jds atom for a combined total that is equal to, or less than, the Dx3 Pro and the benefit to me would be more amp headroom with the jds atom which you will want if you do any EQ'ing.
  10. N

The LG V30 makes my HD650's get loud enough and it sounds good, but I start doing any EQ'ing on my phone to make my HD650's sound how I like, there isn't enough power to overcome the preamp. So my suggestion is still the JDS Atom and the Topping D10.
  11. N

oh and I also have the LG V30. Just thought of it after I saw the last guys comment lol
  12. N

I really like the Topping D10. I own it as well as the Behringer UMC204HD, the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, the ODAC, and also the ones in my AVR's like the Integra DHC-80.2 I think for the money the D10 is great. Good quality sound processing and I love the digital readout.
  13. N

I would go with JDS Atom and Topping D10 to save money. You don't need the features of the D50.
  14. N

Best headphone for under 70 euros

https://www.amazon.com/Status-Audio-Closed-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B01BDX1IVW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1478579399&sr=8-1&keywords=status+cb1&linkCode=sl1&tag=zeos-20&linkId=befa4b6310caf93469eca38907b6bf68
  15. N

Takstar Pro 82's seem like a good fit too. I don't agree with this guy on everything, but he's generally a good source for me when I have tested out his recommendations in the past...
  16. N

It's based on this that I think you might like the xb950 headphones "Preferred tonal balance: I like me some nice punchy bass, but I don't think really clear, balanced audio would do me any harm. Being able to hear those small acoustic details also sounds nice, though. I like to be surprised...
  17. N

The Audio Technica ATH40x may fit the bill. It's around your price range and it's a closed back and therefore has some sound isolation. I've also heard that it is pretty good for gaming for a closed back headphone. It's a little closer to neutral sounding so if you are not used to neutral...
  18. N

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HVLUR54/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1469589693&sr=sr-1&keywords=ath-m40x&linkCode=sl1&tag=zeos-20&linkId=bc89cac411d8a02ee9ce8c2f15784dff
  19. N

It's not Bluetooth. Not the xb950ap. And for the money it sounds really good to people who are not seeking hifi sound who do not have a good dac and amp but want to make their low quality sources sound good. My favorite headphone is the hd650 with my focusrite scarlett 2i4 or Topping dac and...
  20. N

check out the video. I think the Sony xb950ap is the right fit for you. Let me know what you think.
Top Bottom