Search results

1. B

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Ears are different, but they are the best sounding most neutral speakers in the sub-500 dollar new category I’ve ever heard. Are they ruler flat? No. But quality drivers given the price point and sounds better than anything Polk puts out at 4 times the price. All the money was put into...
  2. B

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Amazing bang for the buck. 90dB SNR is plenty for my aging ears. Sleek almost Apple-like compact appearance for an all-in-one streamer/amp. WiiM software is also fantastic as the company has been highly responsive to user feedback. Sonos and Bluesound have been the leaders in audio...
  3. B

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

Yep. Stop chasing SINAD and measurements and focus on ergonomics and easy to use simple controls and display.
  4. B

KEF LSX II

Wish KEF would make a passive version. Consumer grade Active speakers break and passive speakers last decades except for blown drivers. If someone wants wireless a Sonos amp, Bluesound, WiiM amp or equivalent is just fine and far more flexible and probably more reliable
  5. B

Kef LS60 wireless review by ErinsAudioCorner

The only part I’m turned off by is the wireless thing. I think KEF should make a non-powered version of this speaker. It looks fantastic.
  6. B

Headphone amplifier with miniDSP Flex?

I’m sold on the MiniDSP Flex but I’d also like to connect a headphone amp to the analog device. I can see the nuisance of having to adjust the DSP settings with a headphone amplifier, but has anyone on this forum made this pair work?
  7. B

SOLD: RME ADI-2 DAC FS - $720

Most people here are familiar with this DAC/headphone amplifier combo. No functional issues. The serial number ends with a "B" indicating the ESS DAC and not the older AK DAC. $720 shipped in the USA. If it doesn't sell here this week, I'll list it on eBay. It'll probably sell for higher...
  8. B

VMV D1se2 Stereo DAC Review

FYI, Topping sells an aftermarket CNC'ed remote if metal remotes are your thing. It's called the RC-22
  9. B

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

My parents had been insisting that I see Yunchan Lim’s Cliburn final Rach 3 for months. I finally viewed it on line. OMG I can’t wait to buy it on CD. The hyperbole and raves are justified. The greatest ever? Maybe. You can tell the conductor Marin Alsop is having a good time and convinced...
  10. B

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

Very lovely recital. I believe it's the best selling among the Naxos Laurate series along with Kyuhee Park (known as fiend of the tremolo)
  11. B

The state of lossy audio in 2022.

My understanding is that aptX does increase the bluetooth latency. Not an issue when just listening to pure audio/music but annoying when you are watching a video. With drive space cheap, lossless storage is not an issue like it was when I recall paying 400 dollars for a 100 gigabyte hard...
  12. B

TOPPING DX5 Lite! Coming soon!

I’m always a fan of a balanced option. Boycott MQA!!! I would boycott Tidal if I could get a Qobuz option on my Tesla screen. JayZ does not need any more money.
  13. B

Best sounding closed-back headphone $500-$1,000 for a non-audiophile?

Wow... that's like taking a page out of Dr Dre Beats! LOL.
  14. B

JPS Superconductor V USB Cable Review

i really want to cry thinking about who would buy such an offensive abomination.
  15. B

The state of lossy audio in 2022.

iTunes does play MP3. :) When we were talking about lossy bit rates 96kbps or 128kbps etc three decades ago then AAC probably did sound better than MP3 at those lossy bit rates. But bandwidth is better and drive space is cheap. Anything in the realm of 150kbps and better probably sounds...
  16. B

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Monoprice THX amp is on sale for 212.50 . Lowest price I’ve ever seen on it. I wish it had XLR pass through and preamp functionality but it is a solid headphone amp. Amazing as it originally sold for $399 when it came out 3 1/2 years ago. I guess technology changes although not much changes...
  17. B

Splashed out on a Hifiman Arya and not impressed

How loud are you playing? The L30 should be plenty of juice to power your Arya to reasonable levels.
  18. B

Topping E70 randomly went to MAX volume..

What a dangerous event. This is the reason why I leave my DAC in Preamp mode... in case something crazy happens with my headphone amp (which acts as my Preamp)... I have two potential dials to turn down if music somehow blasts for no reason. I also have the desktop audio set-up on a separate...
Top Bottom