Search results

1. F

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

@infinitesymphony Hmm... It doesn't seem like MS made usb audio 2.0 drivers for Windows 7, but the third search result is thesycon, which is the company behind the Khadas Toneboard driver and they seem to have a generic usb audio 2.0 driver for windows 7 available, but only to manufacturers...
  2. F

Designing a 3D Printable Case for the Khadas Tone Board

Lol, if the only drawback of print with the sls machine at work is not being able to choose the color, but you have your choice of material, then print in nylon, dye it later
  3. F

Ignore this if you're gonna use shapeways/somehow have access to a sls printer/have a dual extrusion printer that can do pva supports, but assuming you're using a single head FDM 3d printer like most of us, your design could be a hard print to do. The grill will take support and it seems thin...
  4. F

Sadly, I chucked the packaging for both of mine weeks ago, so I can't verify the numbers on the packaging. However, a close up look on the cable of both mention Model A2049 The one with the yellow dot on it is the original one I got. Tried them both again to double check and I found the reason...
  5. F

Hey, does anyone know if there's been some sort of silent update to apple's usb c to aux adapter? I bought one when they first started getting sold in stores, and found that it was quiet as hell playing off my pixel. Eventually I lost that one so I went and got another which get to a decent...
  6. F

Review and Measurements of Wireworld Starlight 7 USB Cable

Lol, only think most of us know we're just 'measurebating' at this point. that and now I'm curious if it'd be possible to produce better results with a length of cat7 cable and some usb 2.0 connectors or some other cheap method where we keep the improvements, but lose the dirt up top
  7. F

I could be wrong, but I think it's possible that not twisting the data pair is the source of some of the noise @amirm pointed out since twisting is supposed to help cables reject external EMI, and probably why they put it back in their dna helix design. Guess the twist is a premium feature in...
  8. F

probably connected to ground for shielding. The standard usb 2.0 cable should look like this inside with foil connected to the housing which should also be connected to ground, which is suppose to reduce interference. So maybe the extra shielding around the 5v wire is reducing interference...
  9. F

Review and Measurements of Sony RSX-GS9 Car Receiver

From the other two posts with this panther, and this post itself, it seems like this panther means "Yeah... Nothing to write home about here folks"
  10. F

(Which) One DAC to Rule Them All

Okay, now I wanna see this thing be measured
  11. F

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

had too look it up when Ray pointed out the toneboard was being distributed by Seeed, and well, it seems like you'd get a $5.10/ea discount if you buy 2 or more
  12. F

ESS THD ‘Hump’ Investigation

That's odd...5th page of the datasheet straight up lists the I2C clock and serial I/O pins as amongst of the 5v tolerant ones...
  13. F

Other bugs? Should I be worried and update as soon as possible?
  14. F

That one's designed for the generic edition. The gpio pins will block the board from fitting Choices are to desolder the pins to use it like the generic mode since they're both the same board or design a case for it, and I'm not sure if anyone has both the vim edition and a printer and is...
  15. F

Vim version has different height measurement from what I know, so I don't think any of the designs for the generic version will work. If you're handy with a soldering iron, you can remove the gpio pins for connecting to their vim board and that should probably work
  16. F

Khadas OEM shop link Random amazon result it's also possible that we're giving them an ASR hug of death and overloading them with orders
  17. F

Understood and thanks for the correction. adding a note to the end of the post to reflect that
  18. F

Dan D’Agostino ... What the world needs now is a $250,000 power amplifier ...

XD, I doubt it, gold's pretty expensive. 1 kg is apparently $40.3k
  19. F

Review and Measurements of MARCH audio dac1

TL;DR: Glorious measurements, tone of suspicion, witch hunts of prejudice, the grand reveal, and pricing arguments...
Top Bottom