Search results

1. S

Temp of Benchmark DAC3?

My DAC 3 HGC runs hot too, but doesn't appear to affect sound quality.
  2. S

A New World of DACs, but which one?

A very interesting option but I'm not sure I have the competence to set up.
  3. S

Thanks Everyone. I run PMC 25.21i speakers, along with two Rel T9x subs. What I need is a DAC to connect my Melco with the LA4 pre-amp, balanced connections. I suppose there is not much to choose between say the Loxjie D40 and similar priced offerings from Topping, Gustard and SMSL. A...
  4. S

Thanks for the responses. A Benchmark DAC in it various versions would be a consideration, but for the pricing. Perhaps looking at it differently, if I suggest that I get a Loxjie D40 (£430) would anyone say stupid, you could get xxx for the same money and it also offers yyy? I do not have a...
  5. S

Thanks Sprellemannen I would certainly look for a second hand model, but the DAC HGC is selling second hand for around £1800. A DAC B would be cheaper but, I estimate, at least £1000.
  6. S

Thanks AnalogSteph Very positive! A Topping D10 sounds interesting. The DAC will take a feed via USB from a Melco server, but I'm not sure that the Melco is designed to provide power as well as signal in the same USB connection.
  7. S

Thanks Zorlac For sure, the Topping D90Se has an excellent review, but its £900. There's got to be cheaper but equivalent.
  8. S

Thank you Rick For the record, I need balanced output but am not too concerned about size, aesthetics or warranty. I've used the tool you've embedded, above, and that is where my problem started! There are quite a few DACs from Topping, SMSL, Loxjie, Gustard etc. I suppose, in essence, I'd...
  9. S

I must admit that I really enjoy ASR and it has opened my eyes to the many high performance, but reasonably priced, DACs. Its created a little bit of a dilemma and I would welcome a push in the right direction. I have a Benchmark LA4 and AHB2 combo for amplification and to complete the system...
Top Bottom