Search results

1. Reverend Slim

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Looks like Tekton yanked their two videos off Youtube or made them private. Hopefully, that's the beginning of their damage control. I sincerely hope Eric takes Ascend up on his offer to learn more about the Klippel NFS. There was no need for any of this. The data is what it is.
  2. Reverend Slim

The fun part is that by accusing Amir in writing of slander without any basis, he has just committed libel. This is actual defamation.
  3. Reverend Slim

Holy crap. He tried to pass off the raw driver data as his own measurement? This just keeps getting better.
  4. Reverend Slim

So his second video is just him reading his post that he made here. It's no less nonsense just because you read it aloud.
  5. Reverend Slim

That "litigation" bit smacked of "It depends on what the definition of the word 'is' is".
  6. Reverend Slim

To be fair, almost every other speaker manufacturer seems perfectly capable of producing speakers with threaded inserts that DON'T breach the internal cavity. You, for some reason, create speakers that are outliers by doing something that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You don't get to...
  7. Reverend Slim

The point you're missing is: 1. Any loss in sales or returns have to be directly attributable to Amir/Erin's reviews to satisfy the first element of the argument. 2. Even if they are somehow directly attributable, the review has to contain provable underlying malice or intent to defame to...
  8. Reverend Slim

Audioholics just dropped their vid on this situation. Props to them for standing in solidarity with Amir and Erin.
  9. Reverend Slim

"I'm not wrong, the measurements and Dr. Floyd Toole are wrong" is definitely an argument I'd like to see in court. Bold strategy, Cotton! Let's see if it pays off for him!
  10. Reverend Slim

There is literally no situation where an attorney would allow him to publish a video response as part of litigation. That is perhaps the dumbest thing I've read in this story thus far.
  11. Reverend Slim

To be fair, Amir didn't "[come] up with the wrong frequency response and impedance". The Klippel measured what it measured, like it or not. This doesn't qualify as putting the speaker in a false light, as it is a plain and objective measurement using industry-established methodology. If you...
  12. Reverend Slim

A few observations: 1. If you believe that Amir didn't measure the loudspeaker correctly, all it would have taken was you stating the manner in which you think they should have been measured. In the case of the Klippel, the only thing that really can be is the acoustic center. Considering the...
  13. Reverend Slim

You'd have less grounds for a countersuit than Tekton does for an actual suit. Just sayin'...
  14. Reverend Slim

Eric's amplification of this has likely garnered far more attention than the reviews themselves ever might have for his target audience. There was a diplomatic way to address his concerns in a way that would have maintained the respect of the community. This wasn't it. And that falls solely on...
  15. Reverend Slim

Atmos finally decoded in PC/Mac

Video game audio is inherently object-based. In the case of PC and Xbox, Microsoft has a spatial audio standard as part of the SDK that can then be ported out to either Atmos or DTS:X (or the binaural versions, including their own Windows Sonic). There are a LOT of games in Atmos - pretty much...
  16. Reverend Slim

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

They aren't, because they have to use the in-AVR tone generation for timing. If you want to use the UMIK-1, exclude your measurements with the Audyssey mic, take measurements with the UMIK-1 in REW, then create inverse filters for import into MultEQ-X.
  17. Reverend Slim

How much mid bass is sent to height channels?

If you're just talking about speakers that have an angled baffle for that purpose, then I doubt there is any intentional limitation to their response. They're just trying to design the smallest speaker for that purpose. In my experience, you're likely better off just getting a bookshelf with...
  18. Reverend Slim

How much mid bass is sent to height channels?

The content itself is full range, so with in-ceiling/on-ceiling speakers, it's like any other channel. If you're talking about upfirers, they are usually designed to cover down to about 120Hz. When you set up the upfirers in your AVR, my recollection is that the bass for those gets redirected to...
  19. Reverend Slim

MMM approach and a new calibration app (magic beans)

Don't feel bad about getting confused. We had a whole long conversation about correction curves vs. target curves during the MB testing. That conversation actually resulted in a way to use the more accurate correction curves in MultEQ-X rather than a series of PEQs, with both ways excluding...
Top Bottom