Search results

1. igufi

Can speaker's transient response be improved with a better amplifier?

tldr; assumed good transient response was out of reach for me but my neighbour proved me wrong. Not sure if I need to upgrade my speakers or get a better amp. Strong clang of a piano, distinctive snap of a guitar string and the sharp edge of a snare drum - I've heard those in expensive setup at...
  2. igufi

Recommendations for a bare-bones 5.1 pre-amp?

I'm looking for suggestions for a replacement for my ageing Linn Akurate Kontrol pre-amp. Currently I'm using the pre-amp as: - a simple multichannel volume control for my 4.0 setup (soon to be enhanced with a subwoofer) - audio input selector for sources (1x5.1 and 2x2ch) - MM phono pre-amp...
  3. igufi

BBC research reports on bass traps

Came across these today, my apologies if these have already been discussed in ASR - a quick search did not show any hits. - “A MODULAR WIDEBAND SOUND ABSORBER” - G. D. Plum - “THE DESIGN OF A MODULAR SOUND ABSORBER FOR VERY LOW FREQUENCIES” - J.A. Fletcher, M.A.(Cantab.)
  4. igufi

How To Lace Cable Harnesses

Some ideas for cleaning up the wire-spaghetti hiding behind our equipment rack(s): http://www.dairiki.org/hammond/cable-lacing-howto/ and for those audiophiles with thicker cables: www.dslreports.com/r0/download/1377481~846610918062e1c57e36f03a5c37b426/lacing.pdf :)
Top Bottom