Search results

1. M

Not the usual subwoofer positioning question

I have always tried to have a bit of free space around my subwoofers, I don't really know why it just seems the right thing to do . However, when I see photos of other people's rooms, I notice subs under tables or in corners with furniture next to them or stuck between a sofa and another chair...
  2. M

REW sub measurement- is it ok?

I'm still in the very early stage of messing with REW. I'm not sure I really know what I'm doing so I'm taking things very slowly and decided a good place to start was with subwoofers. I've managed to create some measurements so let's have a look at them. This is two subs front and rear...
  3. M

Any truth to speakers being better with a more powerful amp?

"What you really need is a power amp. That Denon has soft power. If you pump 200 watts into those things they'll really come alive" is what my local dealer told me today. The speakers are Monitor Audio Silver 500 driven by a Denon Avr rated at 105 watts. Considering I only need about 25 watts to...
  4. M

Struggling with REW basics

HI I am trying to follow this tutorial and have got to the checking levels stage. In the tutorial he says to go to preferences and the soundcard tab. When he gets to the point of checking levels he says to increase the volume on the (in my case) avr until the output and input levels are the...
  5. M

Any point in buying high spec dac to input into AVR?

I'm currently using a pi with a Boss 1.2 hat dac and sending the output into a Denon avrx3300w in order to use Audyssey room correction. Is there any gain to be had by using a high sinad dac before the avr when the avr is going to perform analogue to digital conversion and then output a signal...
Top Bottom