Search results

1. Undefinition

HiVi Swans OS 10 - my review

A few weeks ago, I was alerted by some people in the community that HiVi-Swans sells a commercially-available speaker that bears an uncanny resemblance to the Overnight Sensations. I decided to buy a pair, tear them down, and share my thoughts on the subject...
  2. Undefinition

My DAC has a VU meter. Your argument is invalid.

I've been running Volumio for 2 years or so. I had a Behringer UA202 on-hand (I think it came with a guitar interface I own), so that's what I used for a DAC. I never was really wowed by the UA202. Sure it's wayy better than the analog out of a Raspberry Pi, but that's about all I can say. I...
  3. Undefinition

Auto-mute on DACs - please make it stop!

I'm not sure if "auto-mute" is the correct term for it. But you know like how a lot of Bluetooth devices will gate to silence if there is no sound, and then when the sound starts back up, there's a delay of a second or so? It's infuriating, but I assume there must be some sort of reason for...
  4. Undefinition

Help me pick a new receiver

For the last dozen or so years, my workhorse has been a NAD T744. No it wasn't the beefiest receiver out there, but it claimed like 70 Watts, with headroom to like 110 Watts or something. Unfortunately the display is developing a nasty flicker and I think it may be a sign to retire it. (Yes...
Top Bottom