Search results

1. B

Sony MDR-7506 Review (Headphone)

Guess some people don't like change! AFIAK, Playing for Change was done a couple of years ago. Fun stuff. Might be just me, but MDR-7506 is present in many, many TV & movie sets where they are 'producing' music. (And quite a few real studios!) Could be that's all the prop room had lying...
  2. B

Sony MDR-7506 Review (Headphone)

I'd swear John Paul Jones is wearing a pair of MDR-7506's in his Playing for Change video.
  3. B

Arendal 1723 Tower THX vs. Wharfedale Aura 4

Philharmonic audio makes an impressive tower
  4. B

CSS Criton 2TD-X Build Log

Any wagers on how much automation they use? Makes me wonder why they don't go the extra steps that some youtubers throw in (E.G. radius on inner corners). For that matter, why do they leave any cutting at all? For one off'ers such as I, putting $$$ into new tools and wondering about my skillset...
  5. B

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

So many variables, so little time. What's on your walls? What is your ceiling? What source? What pre-amp? What amp? How much snake oil? Do you have any freq loss in your hearing? You see where this is going. And for the grand finale, how many sliders on that EQ? Digital or analogue EQ?
  6. B

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Are you familiar with the standard curve? (AKA the "bell" curve) Some people went the extra mile to create excellence. Another musical plague has been the use of compression (AKA the loudness war)
  7. B

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

When the renaissance kicked off, I found myself googling around for a the top shelf TT from the 70's. It also happened to be the very model my next-door neighbor had during my youth. Memories matter. Some people love books more than others - the touch, smell, the lack of backlighting. The same...
  8. B

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Measurements can explain why. Genelec 1031A's are 'notorious' for listener fatigue. Turns out that the tweeter shows distortion at the very top end and the midrange crossover overlaps more than 'it should'. Measurements also can be used to snake oil the ignorant or poorly trained. OTOH...
  9. B

Speakers recommendation request

My system: PC TOSLINK -> Yamaha CX-A5000 -> Anthem 50 -> NHT 2.5 towers & 10" Velodyne sub I'm looking to replace the NHT's. Focal Aria 906 K2 look interesting, but there's a dearth of professional reviews. (And just what does "buttery smooth" mean?) I can stretch a bit for exceptional...
  10. B

Solstice MLTL Measurements

Clarification: what do you mean, directivity?
  11. B

Solstice MLTL Measurements

Fun stuff. There's a guy who swapped the tweeter with this: Satori TW29N-B Beryllium. It would be interesting to see how that changed his measurements. Is the original kit an example of a good basic design with excellent speakers? There's something to be said about how this kit stacks up to the...
Top Bottom