Search results

1. C

The Rise of Audio Negociants

Aren't many speaker companies making their own drivers for example. Most just make the cabinet. I for one would like to see a modern digital pre/pro setup that actually works. This idea of having to be sold power amps that deteriorate our sound quality and pushing a box with reduced features...
  2. C

Is the sub channel on an analogue 7.1 RCA passthrough?

Is there a specific model? The ones I found didn't look suitable. I can likely get away with a 4 channel preamp if one exists. OR an old AVR.
  3. C

Is the sub channel on an analogue 7.1 RCA passthrough?

I need to switch 2 lots of 8 RCA inputs. I was thinking, could I buy an old top end Denon which has 2 lots of 7.1 inputs, feed my analogue outs into that and use that to switch between the 2 setups. My question is, could I use the sub channel as a full range in/out? Assume I'll have to turn all...
  4. C

Topping E30 DAC Review

Does anyone know if these can be set to automatically come on with power so I don't have to find the remote every time?
  5. C

What's the latest on pi based music steamers?

Thanks, got it going now. Fairly put off with Volumio now locking plugins behind a login and features behind paywall and asking for a subscription with no outright purchase available. Will try moode. No library issues this time seemingly. Must of been a Pi3 issue.
  6. C

Thanks for the info everyone. I have a Pi4, so will use that, sounds like USB out is going to be a better bet. Currently stopped at the first hurdle, with a "sh: can’t access tty: job control turned off" error. Volumio loaded to a USB stick. Will try an SD card.
  7. C

Looking to set one of these up. I played about with some of these a while back but couldn't get any to play ball with a large (2TB+) network stored library. I've realised the inconvenience in such a large library and have separated a smaller one. Aiming to store this split between the USB stick...
  8. C

Looking for Power Protector

Can anyone recommend something for the UK? Last time I checked none of the brands mentioned are available with our clearly superior 3 pin plug (untill you step on one).
  9. C

Subwoofer causes noise from the speakers

Both have some very small arrows I have failed to notice previously, although assuming the arrow points away from the source means amp 2 was wire properly but still made noise. No idea how an RCA can be balanced for no balanced use, but there we are. Generally found the cheaper cables to bee...
  10. C

One is an older QED Qnect2 "balanced?" low level signal cable. Another is the recent QED Performance Audio.
  11. C

If there is a problem with one of the subs RCAs, what is the likelyhood of both subs being faulty in the same way? What are the differences in an analogue RCA and digital audio RCA?
  12. C

The sub is plugged into the same socket as the amp. The amps power supply has a ground on the IEC cable, whilst the sub does not. When the subs power is not plugged in but the RCAs are, it still makes the noise. Maybe someone can make sense of this. With another, different line of QED RCA, it...
  13. C

In short: It is all new old parts in a new setup, so nothing new has brought the noise in. I was also blaming the other inputs, or DAC but removing all inputs from the amp still makes the noise. This is when it is just X-A1 (integrated amp) feeding the speakers and the preouts from the X-A1...
  14. C

Nope, I have 2 of the same amps and 2 of the same subwoofers. I also thought it was a ground loop from something else, but I systematically unplugged everything from the amp leaving only the subwoofer and speakers plugged in. No sources plugged into the amp at all and the noise doesn't go...
  15. C

That is interesting, I will have a look at the cables. Seems odd both amps are doing it though.
  16. C

Thanks for the response, but have you got the speaker cables running through the sub or are you using RCAs? What's odd here is it goes away when the inputs aren't in use, regardless of volume, which source is selected or what is plugged into the sources.
  17. C

That's an integrated amp, subs are Monitor Audio VW8. The amp has preouts and the sub is connected to that with a QED RCA. Still happens with no power to the subs.
  18. C

Been chasing a noisy system. I have 2x Musical Fidelity X-A1 with a subwoofer plugged into the preout, when this is plugged in, I get crackling and random noise from the speakers, not the usual hum from the sub. Happens on both amps using the same subs. Is there any way to resolve this?
  19. C

PC far away from amp - Best cable for long runs?

Sounds like it would be a better idea than USB extenders, but could that conversion process add noise?
Top Bottom