Search results

1. C

Windows 10 Sound Settings?

Yes I found that one too, but I guess ideally I will just want to ask Topping TS.
  2. C

Yes but when you "configure" speakers, headphones or DACs under Windows 10 it asks you whether they are full-range speakers or not. Don't ask me why. So what do I do with it? I'm a bit wary of that option because I seem to remember back in the day setting speakers/headphones to full-range if...
  3. C

Yes and I did that. The delay even with drivers seems miniscule, better than the Fostex without drivers and with drivers it was impossible to use, several hundred MS. However, the question everyone seems to avoid is whether or not to set the Windows settings to full-range speakers.
  4. C

Hmm was already set up this way.
  5. C

Doesn't seem to be working, always stuck to what I set it to in Windows no matter what I play. Or did I misunderstand you and you don't mean the driver for the D30 Pro? Asio is a software by Topping? EDIT: I figured it out, it's integrated in the Topping drivers and only activates when playing...
  6. C

Um yes? I wasn't going to use my computer for just audio?
  7. C

Oh that sounds great. I avoided installing the drivers for delay reasons though.
  8. C

I am still confused what to set under Windows for my DAC. Currently I'm using a D30 Pro. Which default format? Full-range speakers or no? I understand that I would ideally set the default format to match the sound source, but I also heard Windows 10 does upsampling from 24bit 44.1khz which...
  9. C

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

I struggle to hear differences, I need immediate comparisons and restarting a song already puts a break in between that leaves too much room for psychology like confirmation bias and placebo, in my opinion. However, when testing in games I feel like 6, 7 and sometimes 8 and 9 feel a bit more...
  10. C

D30Pro+L30 Crackling Noise?

Ok I doubt it's the stack, but I am hearing crackling and distortion in YT content I never heard before. And yes I am aware YT sound is very poor quality. What surprises me, however, is that I am hearing crackling and distortion in content that I didn't hear on a Fostex HP A-4. It may only be a...
  11. C

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

This is really all the filters do?? Volume rolling off past 18-ish khz+?? So the linear vs minimum refers to the roll-off method? Because I have seen people on YT claim each one sounds different and you should play around with them until you find what sounds best for you.
  12. C

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

Be careful with what you use because a) it might damage the drivers if it creates vapors and b) you will probably get it in your hair, so use something made for electronics. Also, if it's a creaking or higher-pitch cracking rather than a lower-pitch sound, it might be within the headband. At...
  13. C

Getting spammed by emails!

How do I turn off email notification for new thread comments? I disabled everything in the preferences that says it would send me an email, I even marked them as junk in Outlook (garbage email service) but I still keep getting them into my regular folder.
  14. C

I think it might depend on the head. To get these parts to rub against each other your head must be shaped in a way that pushes the ear cups against the frame, and then certain motions CAN twist the cups on the axis the mounting was not made for, but being plastic it still allows for a little...
  15. C

This area, but on the other side where it touches the ear cups. It has a rubber spacer, and above the spacer is a plastic crease that can rub or impact against the plastic of the ear cups, especially in the front. At first I thought it was the rubber spacer, but Sennheiser were smart enough to...
  16. C

I found the issue that causes cracking sounds for some people. The crease in front and above the rubber spacers makes contact with the ear cups which seems to cause both friction noise as well as impact noise. I lubed the area with Krytox GPL-205G0, which I think is a good choice for lubing...
  17. C

D30 Pro + L30?

So it's mainly convenience/compatibility, that's fine by me.
  18. C

D30 Pro + L30?

What does the signal passthrough do? Let the D30 Pro work with just its preamp?
  19. C

D30 Pro + L30?

Right, and 10-15cm would have been perfect considering it's a stack, but the shortest I could find were LogiLink 20cm ones, oh well..
  20. C

D30 Pro + L30?

I will start off with something cheap. From growing up in an engineer home and working with musical equipment I agree with the conservative opinion that it's just about QA and sufficient build quality and shielding depending on the electrical pollution.
Top Bottom