• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Getting spammed by emails!

How do I turn off email notification for new thread comments?
I disabled everything in the preferences that says it would send me an email, I even marked them as junk in Outlook (garbage email service) but I still keep getting them into my regular folder.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I disabled everything in the preferences that says it would send me an email, I even marked them as junk in Outlook (garbage email service) but I still keep getting them into my regular folder.
Go to the thread that you are getting emails from at the top right corner option and select select Unwatch.
Then select watch and make sure that the option to send emails is not selected.
You will need to do that for each thread that is sending you emails.
watch.png

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
Also you can watch threads without getting email notifications and you can change the defaults in the settings.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Try this:

Deleting email notifications on ASR.

There are two more settings below the above that need to be unchecked. Make sure before leaving this page you hit the Save button at the bottom.

Email options

• Receive news and update emails
  • Receive activity summary emailWe will keep you updated about new content when you haven't visited for a while.
  • Receive email when a new conversation message is received
Content options
  • Automatically watch content you create…
  • and receive email notifications
  • Automatically watch content you interact with…
  • Show people's signatures with their messages
OK so these were global settings and they have to be done first. Next step: Is turning off Email notifications for all and any threads you have posted in. If the global stuff was on previously then each Thread you post in gets added to the email notification. Best way to deal with this is every time you get a notice, go to that new post and scroll to the top and turn of Email notices thread by thread. Depending on how many different threads you have posted this could be a short or longish process.

At the top of each thread (see shortcut below to disable All thread watches) on the right is a Watch button. Click that and make sure receive email notification is not checked. It will say Unwatch if you are currently following the thread. Click that and unwatch the thread. Then you can select Watch again, but this time deselect email notification.

Shortcut: You can manually generate a list of Threads you have set to watch. Go to Forums and then select Watched. That will list everything you have set to Watch and potentially send you the email.

Once here look to the top right of the list. A new option window is now present named Manage Watched Threads. Here you can unselect email notifications for everything at once.

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
Content options
  • Automatically watch content you create…
  • Automatically watch content you interact with…
That's the main thing. "and receive email..." iirc, the default is OFF /not selected.

Top Bottom