Search results

1. G

USound target curve for IEMs

Besides the Harman target curve for IEMs, there exist others, like for example the USound1V1 target curve (https://www.usound.com/how-headphones-should-sound/). It is used by oratory as well. I would like to know how and when it was devised. Just by the reasoning given in the link provided...
  2. G

Do damping factor, slew rate and the like have possibly any influence on the "sound" of an amplifier?

I am aware that a state of the art amplifier should not have a specific sound, the mystical wire with a gain. Most important features to grant this are linear frequency response, low SINAD, IMD and crosstalk and a high SNR. But often the damping factor and the slew rate are discussed (mostly in...
  3. G

Is there any chance that even the best measuring DACs have a specific (house) sound?

Many subjectivists claim that DACs (like amplifiers) have a specific sound. This statement has also been made in this video starting from minute 41. Well I don´t know if the presenter can be trusted too much as he goes on to make negative remarks about the performance of the Apple dongle, which...
  4. G

What else matters on the sound of a headphone besides the Harman curve and distortion?

This is aimed at bit on the philosophical direction as well on the clear objectionist view. I think there are people saying that if two completely different headphones follow both reasonably well the Harman curve (or can be through EQ brought to do so) and have sufficiently low distortion, they...
  5. G

Next level headphone above Sennheiser HD 650 and Beyerdynamics DT 1990

Hi, considering that there are sufficiently many relatively cheap, very well measuring headphone amps and dacs around, such that this might almost be considered as a solved problem, to improve my audiophile pleasure, I really would like to invest in a new headphone. I currently own (besides...
Top Bottom