Search results

1. G

Gain and Volume

Just keep in mind that "volume level sweet spot" in Marantz AVRs is between 60 and 75. If you go lower the floor noise could be an issue, if you higher, distortion could appear. Just set the Adam's gain in a point in which that Marantz range is which fits your tastes.
  2. G

Marantz SR7015 8K AVR Review

We can''t forget there are content out there with 96khz, 192khz...even some players/DACS upsample/admit those frequencies and higher. On the other hand, a 96khz container doesn't mean that there are useful info in that range. Not saying that those frequencies are useful or audible, just saying...
  3. G

Do you really think that filter would put in danger speakers... ? I hope you don't.
  4. G

But anyone here is able to "hear/perceive" how "worse" is this receiver in a real room/setup when comparing with other ones ?
  5. G

Most external power amps have around 29dbs gain and 1.2v sensivity. If an owner doesn't go beyond 75 in volume level... ¿ Where is the real issue ? ¿ Could audible problems be expected ? Of course the performance is below other models. Not arguing that by any means.
  6. G

Dirac > Audyssey XT32 ... Sure, Always?

Audyssey checks phase inversion between different speakers (and usually doesn't do It very well). As far as I know Audyssey doesn't try to fix "resonances/crossover" and similar issues applying intra-channel/speaker delays, but reducing amplitude for a frequency range. I'm pretty curious about...
  7. G

Maybe It does, maybe It doesn't. Just trying to guess which truly Dirac adds. A phase issue could be detected and partially fixed with group delay techniques and IIR filters if I'm nota wrong. It could also explain why some users in certain rooms with certain speakers don't hear great...
  8. G

Bumping this thread because I'm started to think, after more readings, that Dirac tries to deal with phase issues related with each speaker independently. However those issues may appear if your speakers are too close to walls/hard surfaces or their design/cabinet isn't very good with...
  9. G

Dirac Live Bass Management?

What do you mean about "the cloud" ? I just don't understand that statement. Does the Dirac kit send info to Dirac servers and filters are calculated in a remote servers and sent back to client/customer?
  10. G

JBL SDP-55 Audio/Video Processor Review

So... money in AVRs/Pro buys features, robustness, etc.. but cleanest signal isn't guaranteed. Nothing really new.
  11. G

Arcam AVR20 or Denon x3700h/x4700h

Just to add that maybe other members could have different opinions and that the AVR20 has better amps than 4500, but not 1500$-2000$ better amps.
  12. G

I'd probably go for the 4500 in such case.
  13. G

For that room size and those speakers the 4700 should be enough. However, to feed 11 speakers, maybe (just maybe)… you could eventually need to add a power amp. Denon/Marantz get also really hot. So, if you have a good place with space for the AVR to keep the heat under control, and to...
  14. G

It also depends on your speakers and your room. Dirac also gets usually great reviews. But, since the AVR20 almost double the price of a 4700 I can understand your doubts.
  15. G

Dirac Live Bass Management?

Hi. I'm also interested in trying Dirac Live Beta. I'm just signed for the beta in the web site, so I hope I would be able to test it for a few weeks.
  16. G

Low distortion in AVR vs sound quality

You can also check yourself here
  17. G

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

So, If I haven't understand wrong, that could be a problem with Dirac, Audyssey and most Room EQ ... ?
  18. G

Low distortion in AVR vs sound quality

Dynamics is also a factor which plays a big role and it seems difficult to measure. Some amps claims to be able to deliver 100w while others also claim those 100w, however not all A/B amplifiers are equally designed and not all have the same capacitors size. Slew rate, peak amperes, and damping...
  19. G

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

Did you enable Audyssey on both AVRs or just the crossovers ?
  20. G

Denon AVR-X6700H Home Theater AVR Review

The best way to solve this issue is to release a firmware update which will check the serial number and, if it’s included in the faulty list, will automatically show the user a form. That form will only ask for an email address. Then, Denon will send to that address a customized link in which...
Top Bottom