Search results

1. Y

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

2nd pair of HD560S arrived this morning, and no obvious channel imbalance this time :)
  2. Y

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Wow, so much hate for my post. I think people are deliberately misunderstanding and frankly resorting to insults - HarmonicTHD, SIY - what makes you think I lack knowledge and what is IFLS? (I have two science degrees, one undergrad, one postgrad, FWIW. By 'belief' I meant the belief that we...
  3. Y

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

The thing that came to my mind while reading this thread was that we continually find out that what we thought was 'scientific fact' actually isn't, or not quite.E.g. Newton's 'laws' being - how to put this - "improved" by Einstein's relativity, or birds' homing abilities being found to be due...
  4. Y

What are we listening to right now..

Had that on in the car just this evening!
  5. Y

What are we listening to right now..

...but not the 2005 re-master, original CD
  6. Y

POLL: WHO IS/HAS USED DSD?

I think I'd agree with that. Re. the whole can-you-hear-the-difference thing, there's a definite but subtle difference between my CD of Queen's The Game, and the DVD-Audio. Couldn't tell you what it is - I don't believe it's the bit-rate/sample-rate uptick - but I'm prepared to buy that it was...
  7. Y

Just checked: - AVR displays 'DSD' when the source is SACD from a disc player. Playback is gapless - AVR displays 'PCM' when .dsf files are played back in foobar. Playback is gapless - AVR displays 'PCM' when .dsf files are played back in Kodi 19.5. Playback is gapless The .dsf files are held...
  8. Y

That's it. I was hoping that my AVR (Yamaha RX-A3050) would take DSD over HDMI but it won't. Takes it fine off the disc of course :rolleyes: I found out just tonight that Kodi 19.5 will play the DSFs. And transcode them to AC3 for SPDIF-ness in my other room, which is nice (but a bit pointless...
  9. Y

Hmm that's odd - I had an option to get Prime on a trial and the delivery date was no different. But, there were two sellers, one not Amazon, maybe that was it. Anyway, all irrelevant now as I cancelled the Amazon order and bought them from Scan - again - as they blimmin' well have stock, after...
  10. Y

Er, because its true?! Ordered yesterday, estimated arrival is Feb 8th, so just over 2 weeks. This doesn't change much if you have Prime - I don't. Am in the UK (but I see so are you!). Here's the text from my email: Your purchase has been divided into 2 orders. Arriving: Friday...
  11. Y

Still waiting on a replacement pair. Original supplier eventually admitted they wouldn't have stock, so I've had to use Amazon. Even they have a two week lead time. Patience is a virtue, or so I'm told...
  12. Y

I have DVD-Audio discs and SACDs, and they're great. I do like multichannel. Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds is superb. I ripped my collection, but only really to be able to keep listening. DVD-Audio disc players are hard to find, last I looked.
  13. Y

I play multichannel DSD from a NAS using Foobar on an HTPC. Would have to check if it stays gapless. I think not (slight, tiny, pause), but I haven't fiddled with settings much.
  14. Y

Fix your RME ADI 2 - FS DAC sound.

Wish I could afford an RME DAC! Any unhappy RME-owning 20Hz listeners want to sell??
  15. Y

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 as USB to S/PDIF Converter

That's interesting, as I've used FL Studio Mobile and Bandlab to record - you're saying that the recordings are manipulated somehow? I also tried Poweramp and DS Audio for playback. But they're not direct either? It's a proper minefield. Will give up with Android, I think. The only reason to...
  16. Y

So I guess it's being processed somehow. I thought that only happened with UHQ switched on, otherwise it's Android 48kHz? Either way, the sound is great, and the sample rate changes according to what's being played so it's good enough for me. Will give USB Audio Player Pro a go, as I have my...
  17. Y

Doh! Just found out that I can attach my Zoom U-44 to my Samsung phone and get 24/96 out of it (UHQ is off, so I think that's direct?).
  18. Y

How are you finding these two please? (Am looking for a way to get optical out of my Android phone).
  19. Y

Enermax DreamBass Genie Dac & Amp Review

(Holy necro post!) I got 4 months Apple Music free, but their lossless audio is Apple-only, apart from the Android app (more or less), and I'm a PC user. So I dug around in my laptop bag and fished out my Delock 61961, and sent optical into my RME Digiface and from there to studio monitors...
  20. Y

Yeah, it's clearly something that has its use cases, and it seems logical to me to want to have balanced audio, right across the frequency range, in your phones. I'd love to try one out and measure my headphones, new and old, to see what's going on, but I can't bring myself to justify the...
Top Bottom