Search results

1. E

Saving you a lot of money

I understand. I read into it thinking that if the point was to expose an individual from whatever music they're listening to on Airpods to real instruments, I think it makes sense with certain types of music for a 1 to 1 comparison. But if they're listening to the latest album that's been...
  2. E

Saving you a lot of money

Interesting remarks by Peter Aczel. I agree with most everything, except the last bit about kids needing to listen to live music; it should have an asterisk. It's probably true for orchestra & classical music vs recorded counterparts. However, tastes vary. I'd argue most music listened to and...
  3. E

Are measurements absolute? If so...

It has been interesting to hear all of your thoughts on this hypothetical scenario. Thank you. I was hoping to find a scientific way to find like-sounding products based on measurements for a novice such as myself. (I'm not an engineer, sound designer, music creator, enthusiast, etc. - just an...
  4. E

Are measurements absolute? If so...

Hello! In a hypothetical scenario where there are two different speakers from two different manufacturers, if they were measured in exactly the same condition and yielded identical measurements, would they sound the same? Are measurements absolute in that sense? If it's true that similar...
  5. E

If I didn't like Infinity speakers, would I like Revels?

I suppose I do have to brush up on their work. I did see the one article with pictures of Dr. Toole's reference theater room in his home. (That was an engineer's setup > spousal aesthetics acceptance; I bet it sounds great.) I saw that he uses Revels in his HT.
  6. E

With the pandemic and all, I have only ventured out a few times. I think the best I could do is Best Buy's Magnolia department. Last I went, a) their system was down due to a power outage in the area a few days prior, b) they don't carry Revel, Infinity, or internet direct lines like Emotiva...
  7. E

Speakers are connected to the AVR red/black terminals, oxygen-free copper, 16awg, and using banana plugs. The subwoofer is also connected to the AVR using a 25ft RCA cable. I think it was an Amazon Basics subwoofer cable. Integration was by using the included room correction on the Sony (I know...
  8. E

Hey that's pretty cool being able to "see the differences." If sound is subjective, how do I know if that Harman tilt is what I should look for? Or is that a preference, like one person liking a lot of bass? Regarding the PPR, is that an absolute number where the higher the number is, the more...
  9. E

In my living room, I have a 5.2 HT set consisting of L/R Paradigm Studio 100 v.2's, Center CC v.2, Atom v3 for surrounds, and 2x SVS SB-2000's. To me, games, movies, and the bit of music I listen on it, sound great. I'm trying to replicate that in my listening room. That's kind of my frame of...
  10. E

Layout & config: It's a Sony STR-DH740, ~9 years old. The room is roughly 11' x 13', carpeted, 3rd bedroom, now office. Couch is along one of the 13' walls, the Wharfedale 11.4 floor standing speakers are on the other side, sitting ~8ft away on a couch. For the room setup, only next to the couch...
  11. E

Hello! Background: I'm a recent reader of many of ASR's reviews and appreciate the science based approach of the reviews, even though many times it's a little over my head. Over the past couple of years, I've read about a bunch of brands and speakers I've never heard of before as I was happy...
Top Bottom