Search results

1. G-rig

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

I'm sure it would be fine, can you hear this noise?
  2. G-rig

Least microphonic cable?

The stock cables should be designed reasonably you'd think. I assumed you were talking about cable for IEMs, now those you can really hear rubbing over your clothes as your ear is sealed and everything is amplified. Open cans I wouldn't have thought you can hear much. I'd go with a braided...
  3. G-rig

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Cheers for that. Not sure I'll bother changing any settings but will take a look. The dials and menus on the front of the unit aren't very user friendly so I'm sure this would be heaps easier!
  4. G-rig

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

That's right, plenty of different music available to listen to. People are more worried about things they can't hear, worried about the tech, nit-picking and imperfections and not enjoying the music. I like a wide variety, and it's nice when you come across a recording that is nicely mastered...
  5. G-rig

I prefer reading PDF manuals, handy to zoom when required and use the find/search option. I haven't checked or updated firmware on my unit, sometimes best not to mess with that stuff (has the earlier DAC chip). So is there an android app for the RME remote or people are talking about the...
  6. G-rig

ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Some people get sucked in the specs tech and graphs and you wonder if they even enjoy listening to music.. The headphones, music mastering and source files make the biggest difference, then it's a game of diminishing returns.
  7. G-rig

what feature or setting are you worried about? Agree, The latest PDF and firmware is what I'd be using.. done.
  8. G-rig

What about confirming the unit is a revised model or not, should be something in the serial number (I assume). I would just ask them. As you say the newer models have the ess chip, don't know if any other changes but no doubt somewhere in this thread.
  9. G-rig

Oh right, well it is pretty decent for the price and haven't wanted up upgrade or anything. What would you recommend with the same features for the price? So what is the bit rate if it's not what the device app says? >probably not bad enough to really be audible. Sums up most things on here...
  10. G-rig

Lol wot? You can't get cd quality from the Zen Dac? Sounds like you're doing it wrong. The ifi PC app confirms the bit rate, all the way up to 24 bit. Sounds like you haven't installed the drivers properly. I suppose most of the chi-fi fans would probably recommend a topping this or that, they...
  11. G-rig

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro Review (headphone Adapter)

I got a LXDAC A01 ALC5686 USB Type C to 3.5mm Angeldac adapter from AliExpress ages ago, it sounds pretty good. Out of interested I plugged in my HD 6XX and was suprised how good they sounded, weren't under-volumed or anything (pixel 8). Wavelet picked up the model from AutoEQ but may prefer...
  12. G-rig

Fair assessment mate - the iFi Zen Dac is a great starting point and still use the V1 as my desktop setup from PC. Obviously it's not ideal using the headphone output and sound effect/modes but alright for people until they buy a dedicated amp. Lacks depth and power. I've got it set as a...
  13. G-rig

XLR splitter selector would be the best I'd assume, but more expensive (and not sure if your preamps have XLR inputs. Cable splitters wouldn't be idea but depends if you can hear any difference, usually get more noise and stuff.
  14. G-rig

Yes the settings and options are more advanced than I'll ever use but should look into it more. For my PC & headphone setup I I just use exclusive mode (ifi DAC) as Tidal does hi-res (MQA and hi-res FLAC now too) so leave it. However I turn this off if i want to use EQ with some headphones (I...
  15. G-rig

Yes I mainly got it for the volume control and remote, and overall quality. The quick bass and treble settings are handy but still haven't played around with the EQ at all. The rme has gone up in price somewhat these days but only grabbed it because of mate. Wanted the pro version so was hard to...
  16. G-rig

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

Looks like the Neumann ones (my mate has the same, very solid) https://www.jrrshop.com/neumann-lh65
  17. G-rig

Must be the speakers or your ears if you have to to crank the treble on the other DACs as well. You grow out of wanting a lot of sick bass and ear piercing treble, perhaps you just need to listen to stuff with a flat EQ and get used to it. As you get better gear you shouldn't need to play...
  18. G-rig

I have the rme ADI 2 fs great DAC. I usually leave it flat (using rpi4 -rme - Yamaha hs80m). Good having those bass and treble buttons if you want to adjust quickly with different sources. Just play around with it and set on whatever you think sounds the best. The meta would be good if you...
  19. G-rig

Just checked my settings - yes have it on fixed lineout. Also, the buttons on the front have no affect as I'm using it as a pre-out ;).
  20. G-rig

Ah ok - yep I have it on fixed as I'm running to a headphone amp using a balanced 4.4 pentacon cable. Can't say I've tested the PM button so assume that it's off. May not have any effect if I'm using another amp. I do think it's just a case of louder sounds better though, but nothing wrong with...
Top Bottom