Search results

1. M

TOPPING EHA5

I don't really need anything to replace iesl. I can hook every headphone to it and sound comes from speaker taps. But for the curiosity I would like to test different systems.
  2. M

TOPPING EHA5

Some people say even Ifi iesl have too small transformers but I hadn't any problems with it what so ever. Only the stators can't handle too much sub bass when playing very loudly. I was thinking to buy this but maybe I wait something better comes to the market.
  3. M

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

@IAtaman Protection kicks in even when gaming. So it's very annoying when u play competitive gaming and suddenly the audio is cut off. What u mean with DC?
  4. M

@Human Bass Yeah. That I did earlier. I wonder why it's not fixed on this V2.
  5. M

There is something going on this amp. I got Schiit Magni Unity and it does not go to protection mode while listening to heavy bass tracks like this L30. It does it only at High gain. I'll change my vote because I can't recommend a product that does like this.
  6. M

It's a bummer! You can try to set different frequencies or multiple slopes for low frequencies. I don't use my amp for headphones directly. Only the pre-amp feature for the tube amp. You can test it urself :) I just bought Magni+ from Schiit EU. I was hoping it does not behave the same way.
  7. M

1 Hz Low shelf filter -30 dB. Is my setting. Sorry for the delay, there was a power outage in Finland in my area.
  8. M

Yes. I'm at the work but can check later if I have more filters. You can check it with tone generator: https://onlinetonegenerator.com/frequency-sweep-generator.html . Use consistent frequency. Like 1-5 Hz. It should not going to protection anymore.
  9. M

No. There is something going on this amp and it happening only in the lowest frequencies. 20 Hz didn't help.
  10. M

It happens for me too. You can use low shelf filter -30 db. 2 Hz helped me.
  11. M

Chinese tube amps

^ It's still a bit noisy but it gets a lot quieter with TAD E82CC. I changed the driver and two splitter tubes to those. Line output can also be used for dynamic headphones if you have Ifi iESL Pro. It can eliminate almost all the noise from tube amp with 96 Ohm setting with 32 ohm dynamic...
  12. M

For me it's good to have easy gain control and pre-amp. I use a tube amp. I can easily choose which electrostatic hp to dynamic to adjust gain, keeping volume at 100% from the L30 II and not blowing my ears. Some reviewers don't like this amp because it's uncolored and does not have particularly...
  13. M

I measured 10 subwoofers.

Diy subwoofers are worthy. I have also made two 10" passive, closed with passive high/low filter. It's decent but there was tiny problem with the filter. It didn't lower high frequencies enough as I hoped. More high frequencies were lowered the more it changed main speaker frequencies. Anyway it...
  14. M

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

SMSL needs to make a DAC with swappable op amps. Not interested in soldering.
  15. M

TOPPING EHA5

More like freedom. Phantom is not that expensive but u are always limited to what u get.
  16. M

EAR Yoshino 834L Deluxe Preamp Review

Should you make a tube category? And different ratings.
  17. M

TOPPING EHA5

I haven't seen it. My current setup limit factor is the amp. Limits how much volume I can push that bass get distorted on bass heavy songs. Could be too risky even to send my stuff to anyone. Anyway I still would love to see iESL tested and with different amps. Yup. They did make a "rival"...
  18. M

TOPPING EHA5

So not a real contender for the expensive Ifi Audio iESL. Probably the best in the market if you get your speaker amp right.
  19. M

PrimaLuna Dialogue Seven Tube Amp Review

There is something going on. Could also be driver/splitter tubes are not that good either. There are too many harmonic distortion spikes after 100 Hz.
Top Bottom