Search results

1. L

AuCDtect tool reliability

How much is AuCDtect tool (CD authenticity detector) reliable in your experience? Reason I'm asking is because I ripped to FLAC an original CD I own, and the result is that the tracks seems to come from an MP3 master: I used this tool with many other records and it's usually very reliable...
  2. L

How to identify a good/great speaker driver?

Leaving aside the quality of the enclosure (for which there are some known parameters to look for, i.e. sturdiness, correct volume, etc...), how can you separate a great speaker driver from a mediocre one? For electronic devices we have some well known measurements (SINAD, IMD, THD, noise...
  3. L

Experiments with declipping / increasing dynamic range

I'm trying to fix badly compressed/clipped tracks experimenting with Audacity software, and I'm having nice results with following effects applied in sequence. 1) Clip Fix: 2) Limiter: Here are some before/after results. Before: After: Before: After: Before: After:
  4. L

Please confirm or correct my design "principles"

When I think about building my ultimate perfect audio system, I would make following design choices: Keep audio in digital format until power amplifier, and control volume digitally (source -> DSP -> DAC -> power amplifier -> speakers). Avoid active speakers (hisssss...). It's better to have...
  5. L

State of the art digital setup

First of all I would like to thank you all for the incredible valuable information available here: I'm a long time lurker and I'm stalking these pages a lot. My current digital setup is: FLAC material -> Chromecast Audio -> TOSLINK -> miniDSP 2x4 HD -> 4 channels power amplifier -> passive...
Top Bottom