Search results

1. exm

Sonos Era

Yes. I have 2 Era 100s in mono, 2 Era 100s in stereo, an Era 300, an Arc, 2 amps (outside and bathroom) and 3 subs. Needless to say, I like Sonos products :)
  2. exm

Sonos Era

I would give it a try. You can always disable it if you don't like the results.
  3. exm

Sonos Era

Did you perform the Trueplay tuning?
  4. exm

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

No. I feel that the R900 is a superior speakers (my 2 cents). If you want to upgrade, get a used pair of Reference 5s...
  5. exm

As far as I know, everything Reference is hand-made in the UK. The cabinets are sourced locally for sure. Are the drivers and crossovers also made in the UK? I believe so, not 100% sure.
  6. exm

To comment on the build quality, it's night and day between the R and Reference. The R Series, although they look beautiful are made of very inexpensive (pressed?) wood that chips very easily. The Reference Series build quality is clearly in a different league (but you would expect that based on...
  7. exm

As someone who has owned the non-Meta R11 and now the Reference 5, the Reference 5 is a clearly superior speakers in all aspects. I was never fond of the LF in my R11 (I liked the older R900 better, but that speaker had 2x8"LF drivers instead of 4x6.5"). However, the Reference 5 LF is by far the...
  8. exm

8 Channel amp: Buckeye vs VTV vs Monoprice

As far as I know, it's not the trigger cable but the trigger option in the amplifier itself. My 8-channel unit came with bot the trigger in/output and cable - FYI.
  9. exm

I understand, and I fully realize they'll sound and measure identical. However, build quality is worth a bit extra for me. I mean, the amp I was looking at is almost $1,600 at Buckeye. That's a bargain for what you're getting, but still a lot of money to spend. So to me, the extra 15% extra is...
  10. exm

Yes, https://nordacoustics.co.uk/product/nord-one-mp-nc252-4-8-ch-multi-channel-power-amplifier/
  11. exm

I ended up getting the Nord amp. Yes, I understand that the internals are the same but for a few extra dollars, I have a very nice looking case from a reputable company. I wish Buckeye Amp has a different case option for a surplus although I understand that doesn't fit his business model.
  12. exm

KEF Reference 4C Review (Center Speaker)

Yes, as close as your cabling allows.
  13. exm

KEF Reference 4C Review (Center Speaker)

I wouldn't see why not! (note: I own a Ref 2 Meta, so I gladly answer any questions!)
  14. exm

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

I'm using the ATI AT 330x amplifier, which was recently released. It's a fantastic amp available in 2-8 channels. However, I recommend to focus on the front 3, and perhaps side surrounds with a new amp (so get a 3 or 5 channel) and re-use original amps for other channels. If you want something...
  15. exm

KEF Reference 2 meta Measurements and Review.

I'm really stretching here, but I thin the Kef Ref 1 compares to the R3M, and the Ref 2 to the R6M. With compare I mean, they are similar in specifications but obviously build differently (better components, speaker box with the Reference). So in other words, if you compare how people compare...
  16. exm

KEF R6 meta Measurements and Review

Audyssey is notoriously unreliable with crossover settings. I still believe 80Hz is the perfect setting for this speaker. @Gorth33, happy it's working out for you!
  17. exm

KEF Ci200RR-THX In-ceiling/In-Wall Speaker Review

You can't go all the time by measurements alone: if you want to select a speaker based on measurements, more power to you. But that would be saying that Subaru Impreza can do 0-60mph in 3 seconds, just like a Lamborghini Aventador (making this up for comparison sake), so they are the same.
  18. exm

KEF R6 meta Measurements and Review

50Hz is a low crossover. I'm using 80Hz for my Reference 2 Meta.
Top Bottom