Search results

1. aromig

AKG N700 shows that its charging, but it never charges and can't turn on

I know there is an issue with the N700NC M2 as well as the Y600NC where charging via a USB C port (as in the charging end of the cable, opposite of the headphone end) will not properly charge. Something to do with an improper charging protocol handshake. Using a USB A to USB C cable (such as...
  2. aromig

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Exactly this. I had the same screen issue with a pair of Moondrop Chus I purchased through Amazon. Like you, I was able to correct the problem myself, and experienced no related issue afterwards. Thankfully neither the Truthear Zero nor the 7Hz Salnotes Zero I purchased through them had any...
  3. aromig

DSP portable DAC/AMP

Looks like some places still have stock of the Cipher for sale. HifiHeaven, for example, has it listed in-stock for $120. Beyond that, the Qudelix 5k is a solid product, and very well-regarded here. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of a better option.
  4. aromig

Looking for a headphone with good bass and subbass for EDM, progressive house music

For an open-back with substantial bass, I would recommend the AKG K245. It has a Harman tuned sound similar to the K371, but with much stronger bass. And unlike most open-backs, it has deep extension. It won't be as detailed or have the technical prowess of a planar or biodynamic driver...
  5. aromig

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

One negative aspect of the ES9219 to consider is that it allows for only two digital filter options, while the previous ES9218 allowed for eight. The included filters are up to the individual manufacturer. If someone has a strong preference in regard to roll off filters (or, like me, enjoy...
  6. aromig

Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Review (Headphone)

I've had the R70x for about half a year now, so I'll share some of my impressions thus far. Hopefully this won't get too meandering. From the get-go, there's the same main issues as Amir mentioned: Comfort and Bass extension. I solved my personal issues with both using different Ear Pads...
  7. aromig

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Well, based on 18Ω with a sensitivity of 92dB/1mW, the Edition XS would need 1.07 volts RMS to hit a 110dB sound pressure level. Looking at Amir's graph, the DX3 Pro+ can hit over 2Vrms at 16Ω, which means it would push the XS well past safe listening levels. Whether that is sufficient for...
  8. aromig

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Looks like it would be closer to around 275mw. That's guessing the graph is showing about 1.8 Vrms at 12 ohms, and then nudging it to about 1.9 at 13 ohms. Even if we went with 2 Vrms (which it would clearly be less) that would be a hair over 300mw.
  9. aromig

Nordost Tyr 2 USB Cable Review (Video)

Gotta say, I love these reaction pics, Amir. Functionally similar to the text review panthers, but much more nuanced. And infinitely more amusing.
Top Bottom