Search results

1. M

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

Schiit customer service rep agreed to replace the Heresy with a Heretic for the $10 price difference and no further shipping charges. The issue of the headphones has not been addressed, beyond that I relayed to the rep that the P7 (fully passive/wired model) was not made to be repaired, B&W does...
  2. M

JDS Atom Amp+ Review (Headphone Amplifier)

JDS Atom Amp+ looks like a good candidate to replace the Schiit Heresy. I've soured on that one due to the Heresy's headphone-killing failure and my experience so far with their customer service. (Repair was actually quite fast, if we were talking about a basic failure under warranty.) The...
  3. M

RMA came back with the only note "op-amps replaced" and that the unit had passed tests. No other explanation. So now I'm stuck with an amp that I'm afraid to plug headphones into. Sell it on? Throw it in the trash? To be fair, they did turn around the RMA quickly, but I don't get any sense that...
  4. M

RMA is being sent back, based on email with subject "Schiit Repair Complete". Had the amp simply failed, I'd wait for the box to arrive and go on my way. I've emailed to ask whether they sent back the same unit, and raised the uncomfortable issue of what is supposed to be done about the...
  5. M

I ordered the op-amp Heresy in June, 2022, was pleased with the sound, and used it almost daily until this past Friday. While listening on B&W P7 headphones at moderate volume (80dB or so, sensitive headphone), mid-album I heard a crackling noise, big pop, followed by a permanent hum that is...
  6. M

Review and Measurements of Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC

I landed on ASR after I became curious about what an approximate replacement is these days to the Mytek. While it had been on the market some time, for the year 2016, it was capable of 24/192 and DSD. As the measurements support, it's on the analytical or dry end in traditional audiophile terms...
Top Bottom