Search results

1. S

Wife Says Sounds Better From Kitchen, etc.

Probably like many of you, I've long been amused by silly comments like, "even my wife said my new speakers sounded better from the kitchen"! So I was surprised to find how much better my new speakers do seem to sound to me now...from different rooms of the house. No I don't have measurements to...
  2. S

Perlisten R5t vs. Salk BePure 2 vs. Philharmonic BMR Towers

Ignoring price, availability, aesthetics, supporting a small business, build quality, etc. Focusing solely, 100% on audio performance, what are you guys' thoughts on how one might choose between these speakers? Curious to hear everyone's thoughts on strengths/weaknesses of any of them. Hope it's...
  3. S

Subwoofers "for music" vs "for movies"?

What's the deal with choosing subwoofers "for music" versus "for movies"? Shouldn't any subwoofer accurately reproduce the source signal, period? It seems the "for movies" subwoofers can do everything the "for music" ones can do plus more. Or is there more to it?
  4. S

SVS Purchase Experience

Hopefully this is the right sub-forum for this, and hopefully it will be of interest to some people even though it basically just amounts to me whining... I have a couple issues that really rubbed me the wrong way... 1) I bought 2 SVS PB-3000's on 10/3, which apparently was the day before a big...
  5. S

Monolith 13" vs Hsu 15"?

Thoughts on how these two ported subs stack up against each other? After factoring in shipping and extended warranty from Hsu, the price of these two subs is almost the same--especially if Monoprice has any kind of sale, which apparently is common whereas Hsu never does. Curious what you guys...
  6. S

GR Research

Lately I have become really fascinated by the GR Research YT channel, and appreciated his consistent measurement-based approach to analyzing and improving on speaker designs. So much so that I've become seriously interested in his open baffle servo subwoofer offerings, and his NX-Otica open...
  7. S

Hypex NCore - Yea or Nay?

I've become intrigued by the Hypex NCore amplifiers (particularly NC502MP) and this site is one of the few I've found with meaningful discussion and commentary about the various options available on the market. But it's also left me feeling a bit baffled and concerned about whether the whole...
Top Bottom