Search results

1. M

Xduoo MT-604: DAC / Pre-Amp

Hey can you elaborate please - I'm confused with the adapters. I'm looking at this cable and I think I can use it for the OUT to the amplifier: https://www.amazon.com/CESS-257-Black-Balanced-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B0BGBTZ74Y But where (with what cable) do I connect the balanced DAC?
  2. M

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

It's exactly what I want, but I already have an amp without the internal buffer, and want to achieve that effect for $20 :)
  3. M

Parasound 2125 V.2 Amplifier Review

I went from the same parasound amp to a hypex and kind of miss the distortion
  4. M

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

Gonna add an external tube buffer
  5. M

What's the thing where some systems sound better than other at low volumes?

I've heard systems that sound excellent at normal volume but some of them sounded not as inspiring and present as other. What affects that? My own system sounded better at low volumes when I had a device with dynamic compensation or whatever it's called - the function that does it digitally...
  6. M

Share your favorite free (or low cost) tweaks!

Isn't there like a new kef subwoofer that's super small like 6"
  7. M

Hah I did the kitty litter and duct taped the holes around the cables
  8. M

I actually found that tilting my speakers a couple of degrees upwards widens my sound stage
  9. M

You're posting this on a subjectivist forum
  10. M

Hah I did this with like half the electronics in the house. Special respect to manufacturers who include dimmers for their indicators
  11. M

Ugh I have a minidsp with Dirac, and after measurements and correction it sounds worse. So I didn't even bother with REW. Maybe I should/will try that though. I had a different system in the same room with Audyssey, and that one did absolute wonders (and was much more user-friendly and...
  12. M

What simple change/addition/omission made a significant difference to your hifi system that didn't involve spending tons of money? Here's a couple of examples: Using dishwashing sponges to stabilize your components DIY speaker riser supports: Thx
  13. M

DDC + miniDSP: Does it make sense?

I have a DDC going into a MiniDSP Flex, but the whole point of the DDC in my construct is to BYPASS the noisy USB circuitry entirely.
  14. M

Deciding Between NCX500, Purifi Eigentakt and Nilai

What did you end up getting? I'm pretty happy with my VTV NCx500. But I saw a YouTube video where people compare the 3 modules you listed and the consensus there was that Nilai is superior, so Id be curious to listen to it and compare.
  15. M

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

Can this be used as just a VU meter with one amp and one set of speakers? No switching.
  16. M

Sabaj D5 - Owners' Thread

I'd try plugging it into a different outlet, maybe even with a different power cord. Are you on the latest firmware?
  17. M

Marantz NR1510 AVR Review

I do not need Atmos, I don't own a TV and don't want to. But I do need marantz because I have a weird room and in my experience audyssey does wonders. I tried dirac too and it doesn't work for me. So I'm thinking to get a simple marantz thing with audyssey, and I already have a great external...
  18. M

Well I had a marantz receiver before, and it was a tad too 'warm' for me, but paired with a crispy external DAC and amp, it really did take that warm edge off and made it sound more balanced. So in that sense it did improve it. Also, I'm thinking if the noise/distortion and whatever other...
  19. M

Question. If I use this with an external amp that doesn't have noise/distortion issues - would that improve the measurements, or would an amp simply amplify the issues?
Top Bottom