Search results

1. M

Scientific Sheeple's Republic

I don't know. Whether this thread will survive or not censorship might give us an answer.
  2. M

It could be, you can't just refuse to raise the question. I mean do you elect a former kgb officer as US president?
  3. M

He never revealed dirt on Microsoft, it's like working for the third reich and not acknowledging that some things were wrong.
  4. M

I know, it's my fault too for believing people, but still...
  5. M

I know, but that's the new thing you know : Today you just need to disclose your ties to a company that paid you to be exonerated of suspicion. You just announced on a youtube video that your review is sponsored by the maker of the gear and you're supposedly cleaned. I don't buy that.
  6. M

General computer forums

Thanks Victor! I already knew the Overclock.net forums, but not the Tweakers.net and the Anandtech forums. I know about the Linus Tech Tips forum, but I don't like the guy, he's all about money and paid tonns of gold by computer companies.
  7. M

Hi everyone ! I'm just wondering, is that a sheep ? Are users here considered as sheeple that need to be shorn of their money by for instance (like it happened to me twice here), being advised to buy some gear to only later discovering after buying said gear that it's anything but well made? I...
  8. M

General computer forums

Hi everyone! There is no section to post such off topic question so I'll post it here : What are the best forums to ask about computer parts and software today in January 2022 ? General computer forums.
  9. M

ALC887 ALC889 ALC1150

Thanks, I'll try the third method. Although I've put that behind me, the topping E30 (working without instaling drivers) made some quite strong pop noise while scrolling a song. I have a FiiO Taishan D03K that has a nice decent audio quality with much less pop noise. As for the cosmos I doubt...
  10. M

ALC887 ALC889 ALC1150

The GA-970A-DS3P (rev. 2.1) and therefore chipset and audio chip on it are considered as lower end compared to motherboards with 990x, 990xa, chipset and alc1150 audio chip, hence my concern, but if you're saying that it should be fine then maybe it's not such a bad purchase. I will continue...
  11. M

ALC887 ALC889 ALC1150

My apologies to you Trell. I was tying to get a efficient answer. The debate on your link was interesting, but I'm old school, back in my time you asked something in the forum on a product and you got a straight and detailed answer. With today's young people it's harder because they are taught...
  12. M

ALC887 ALC889 ALC1150

Thanks zola! I just bought a gigabyte motherboard, a new one for 45 euros. GA-970A-DS3P (rev. 2.1) https://www.gigabyte.com/fr/Motherboard/GA-970A-DS3P-rev-2x#ov That's all I can find for now. I would have preferred a 990 chipset rather than a 970, with a ALC1150 rather than a ALC887, but I...
  13. M

ALC887 ALC889 ALC1150

It won't. I want the answer from someone who used (not only tested) both.
  14. M

ALC887 ALC889 ALC1150

simply put : Will I hear a difference on the short run or on the long run between ALC887 and ALC1150 when listening to stereo 16bit 44.1khz ? That's all I'm asking.
  15. M

RME babyface first gen

Hi! How does the dac of the RME babyface first gen compare today? (I will be using only 16bit 44.1khz and 24bit 48khz), so I'm not interested in higher settings). Thank you.
  16. M

ALC887 ALC889 ALC1150

I understand, and you're excused of course, but no digression please. @Doodski : Read post #6.
  17. M

ALC887 ALC889 ALC1150

Thanks Steph! I will only use the front channel for listening to stuff in stereo only. For recording I'll plug my analog recording system to the line input. I will record my voice at 24bit 48khz for recording great songs I make, so the input and output on the computer will both be set to 24bit...
  18. M

ALC887 ALC889 ALC1150

Not really. I'm an asker, not a helper, aamof I usually don't even help myself. I count on the good people of this forum people for providing me with a comprehensible report of the difference between these chips.
  19. M

ALC887 ALC889 ALC1150

Hi everyone, simple question : Is the ALC887 a downgrade coming from the ALC889 ? Second simple question : Is the ALC887 noticeably inferior to the ALC1150 ? I'm talking about sound quality. Please don't post suggestions about other audio chips. Thanks. PS : Intended to be used at 24bit/48khz.
Top Bottom