Search results

1. moosso

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review Follow up [Entertainment]

There is a rumor people talking about. I don't know it's safe to post the link or even spell the name of that place. It's related to topping L30 exploding. Suspicions growing when Amir recommending these DAC measures much more worse when feeding the left and right channel different signal DAC...
  2. moosso

This is Audio Science Review forum right? Don't making it personal, please. You can disagree with my opinion, calling people have different opinion with "strange awkward and disjointed belief system" is no more than disgracing this place and make them join the anti ASR club. As I saw on Head-Fi...
  3. moosso

I agree with this opinion personally, however R&D needs money, it relies on people paying more for things they don't really need. I would call it's necessary evil, we can have good products with very low cost if we let good manufacturers earn some dirty money. For example one of Amir's...
  4. moosso

Yes thanks for the professional comments. I think that's the wrong move Danny did. The cable is using better material, made in USA, has stronger EMI resistance, and gorgeous appearance. If the guy posting measurement result, just claiming the fact without notice user they're not audible, like...
  5. moosso

I just want to know about more science behind this. This is Amir's setup: Can we also test these setup to prove the "EMI between cables matter" and "Balanced cable can't cancel all noise since they are dynamic" (from the man's video) are false?
  6. moosso

AKG N700nc m2 Measurements

As this video said some mixing and mastering engineers use nearfields speakers that will cause few dB cancellation around 2KHz, if they compensate it these track will have more 2KHz energe than it should have. Headphones with a 2KHz dip could sound better with those tracks.
  7. moosso

Anybody explain why this happen? Check 60Hz, 190Hz and 300Hz. Amir test it on a SINAD 120dB setup, of course it's impossible to make audible difference. I just wondering how it would perform in a more problematic setup. And what cheap cable can make AC noise less like this? (whether audible or not)
  8. moosso

I'm giving my reason why I tried to defend this poor guy. The cable actually have very low resistance and it did reduce power noise by 20dB even for topping, the measurement result is good Amir is testing it with a state of art amp with near perfect settings The guy did good mods for speaker...
  9. moosso

The conclusion about recommend and not recommend is subjective, especially when the rating option is on, people start voting "waste of money" or "poor" after they saw the measurement result and conclusion from amir, they will call the product trash without even touch it. It's too much. When...
  10. moosso

What about an $1499 DAC? What do you pay for the extra $1360? Well Amir hurt his business while the man doesn't hurt Amir's. The reason people in other (less science) forum refuse to believe ASR and measurements because something doesn't make sense. The measurement data itself is objective but...
  11. moosso

I think it's a bit unfair to sneer at the man. The cable is not too expensive It does have slightly better performance It may work for less well designed amp and noisy environment (if "cable interference" is true as the man said) for example, usb isolator improve 28dB THD when using topping...
  12. moosso

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

You can do a simple test, try swap the headphone connector (if your headphone has dual connectors), if the left channel start distort after swap then it's on the amp, if distortion still at right channel then it's on your headphone. I think this amp is suit for low sensitivity planars, it can...
  13. moosso

I'm using Topping DX7 Pro+ currenctly and consider to upgrade, this looks attractive so I'm checking reviews about it. About the real load test, I checked Hypex DIYpreamplifier's measurement, it has state of art performance too, I guess it just a hair better than A70 Pro for the high frequency...
  14. moosso

I found a review about A70 Pro with subjective opinion and some measurement data. The author said it sound subjectively good but when he measure multitones with an actual headphone (Final D8000), he found the A70 Pro has higher IMD distortion in the treble compare to other amps. A70 Pro with...
  15. moosso

Why are Dan Clark not recommended so much?

Man I'm sorry to waste your time for typing these. What you say it's true when we treat playing audio as scientific research. For most people with zero to minimum knowledge about audio science, what they want is something sound "subjectively good" not something sound "objectively correct", and...
  16. moosso

I Agree this is the correct way to use measurement data. Well I also read subjective reviews about food, movie, and cars, should I only care about measurements of them?:facepalm: This is more like a marketing issue which manufacturers have to face, they need to convince customers that...
  17. moosso

I know they are more or less marketers but I can trust their opinion. For subjective opinions I'm pretty trust people on headphones.com, for objective measurements I can trust amir, solderdude, oratory, etc. Amir is a good marketer too (don't beat me), he convinced a lot people buying DAC/AMP...
  18. moosso

While I understand your work is great and it's always better to have objective measurement data, I still perfer subjective opinion from trusted source as a consumer. Why? For normal people "X sound good to a real person" is more trustworthy than "X sound good to a machine". The actual challenge...
  19. moosso

This is typical for closed back headphones, DCA Expanse should have better consistency. I think the reason is their headphone is design for people believe in "science", people who believe "harman headphone" is the "best headphone for every human on the earth". But the "science" also tell the...
  20. moosso

Hifiman, what are they thinking?

I also listening to songs I am familiar with when demo HP/IEMs. The simple fact guys ignored is FR is different between different measurement rig, different artifical pinna and different person. To get a rougly result of FR to yourself, you have to use tone generator, some in-ear mic works but...
Top Bottom