Search results

1. U

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

Hi! Am I mistaken or is Soncoz's site now only in Chinese? Is there an English variant, site where to download drivers and firmware from? Before there was.
  2. U

Gustard H16 Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Hi! In the summer I got my Gustard H16 amp back from repair done by the Audiophonics store, so I report very late, but I think following is important to know for some who may consider this amp: Even though I have made some positive posts about the device here before, my conclusion after all is...
  3. U

Help with surround sound on Windows PC

Hi! I have the following setup: - Windows 11 desktop PC: Motherboard Asus TUF GAMING B660M-PLUS D4 and soundcard Creative Sound Blaster Z SE. Also an optical Blu-ray drive and 1080p DLP projector. - Yamaha receiver HTR-6130, connected to five speakers and a subwoofer. Creative sound card is...
  4. U

The psychology of it all.

The usual problems related to audio and perhaps some other forums are people who are too attached to their belongings and those who feel stupid when purchasing something worthless because some salesman reassured them, but cannot admit this. What brings all people on this forum together, is the...
  5. U

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

There exist better pads, I recommend to order something else if not too expensive. Here is one example, an helpful post. Check my own post too on that thread just above. Removing the pads is pretty easy, you just gently bend any side of the pad inwards, so any of the four barbs (the right...
  6. U

I don't use EQ. You likely do? Do you possibly alter the upper end? By the way, it is advisable to clean the pads sometimes because the grease and other filt may cause a pustule in the worst case on the part of skin what lays under the pads. This is not common, but it is possible. Earphones are...
  7. U

The pads are simply rather cheap, but thankfully comfy. They have some glue that cannot take the machine wash. It's preferable imo if pads are designed in a different way, like on HD600/650 for example (two parts). All my notions just point to the overall quality, but hey, if you like to pay...
  8. U

It is certainly hard to retain a positive atmosphere with hifi products while offering the important to know critique, because people seem too often either worship products or bash them for amusement, but because of the high end, I just cannot give the same praise to Sundaras like some others...
  9. U

Even if I wrote quite positively here about Sundaras a long while ago, I primarily recommend to buy something else, because they do not seem too durable and have some questionable design choices; for example the all metal build only adds weight and I almost always get a static shock when...
  10. U

Last word about the Gustard H16 and other Chi-fi to you @Veri and others: My unit also has previously mentioned smaller problem with the remote and it's OLED display has also degenerated so that a big junk of the pixels are dimmer than the rest. All these three points summed; the remote...
  11. U

@Veri 'XLR Male to Pentaconn Female' adapter arrived today but after more than an hour of listening the crackle sound infrequently appeared. :( I think I'm going to send this device to the French store because I couldn't reliably find anybody in Finland, where I live, who could surely fix this...
  12. U

Thanks for this advice! I will surely report here what's the result with the currently ordered adapter, which will arrive likely in a month or so. :S I'm in no rush since I can use the 6,3 mm output in the meanwhile. Happy spring to all of you!
  13. U

I ordered the adapter. 20 € would be so much bearable than likely way over 100 €, when you count in the postage fees, if I would in the end have to rely on the French store. Might be a waste, but worth the try and who knows perhaps that adapter comes in handy in the future. Gustard doesn't seem...
  14. U

Hi yet again! I'd like to ask if it's possible that my faulty Gustard H16 amp could work via XLR output, which I cannot currently test, with the problem stated in above posts. I spell it yet again: The 4,4 mm output produces a soft, frequent and repeating crackle noise from the left channel...
  15. U

Their page states a two year warranty. I assume other stores may offer more on their own account. Even the manual states two.
  16. U

@Snoopy Audiophonics said that they can repair my amp but it will not be free and I have to pay the postage too. This is natural I guess because the amp's two year warranty ended three months ago. The 4,4 mm jack has had a slightly bad contact way before now that I think about it, I just didn't...
  17. U

Alright, the crackle became frequent soon enough, just like before, and it does happen also using the smartphone via RCA to the amp, though not from the unbalanced 6,3 mm output: only the balanced 4,4 mm output makes the noise, and as said, turning off the amp makes this disappear, but only for...
  18. U

Hi there! Nothing in particular. Just a normal computer session and out of nowhere this crazy noise, which didn't end before powering off the amp. Only reason I could imagine this happening is due to static electricity going through my Hifiman Sundaras into the amp - this has happened many...
  19. U

Hi! I think my Gustard H16 has gone faulty! With both of my headphones I hear a soft crackling sound from the left can after a while of use. I had the amp turned off without power and my other equipment too for many hours, but it seems it just a matter of time when the noise comes back. It is a...
Top Bottom