Search results

1. F

Ikea SYMFONISK Picture Frame Speaker Review

Interesting review. I appreciate the efforts made to measure loudspeakers that aren't in the traditional form factors.
  2. F

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

So I figured it out in the end after trying different sample rates and uninstalling EqualizerAPO which didn't fix the issue. It looks like USB ports coming from the chipset all caused issues but the after that I checked my motherboard manual block diagram and used the USB ports coming directly...
  3. F

$9 Headphone Review: Sony MDR-ZX110

You are definitely right on the positioning which might have affected my opinion on the stock sound until I figured it out later. How are people level matching with the same headphone? I try by ear which I guess is perceived volume. Can I achieve something better using smartphone or PC dB...
  4. F

Have been listening to these for a while now. The light weight of these seems to make most of the comfort issues I have with over-ears go away. I didn't spend long with it out of the box as it had the distant muffled sound as described. I tried amir's EQ profile which made them quite listenable...
  5. F

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Anyone have any experience using this with PC USB? I find it useful to use this with the EQ profiles on PC but I get audible noise/popping no matter what cable or port I use so far. No issues with the supplied USBC to USBC cable with an Android device or over Bluetooth. I suspect my PC might...
  6. F

It was more of a question around how one can move towards audio truth so to speak rather than what they should do with their purchase. It feels like the alternative to investigating EQ is to just listen to a lot of headphones with a fixed playlist of songs. A reasonable option if you have a...
  7. F

I don't think there is a desire for a one size fits all approach. There is a desire to quantify what makes a headphone sound good. The Harman target isn't "all headphones must sound exactly like this target" but more "this is a tonal balance in a headphone based off good speakers that many...
  8. F

Not an accurate representation of the research. Clothes aren't trying to reproduce a signal. We could obviously both listen to the same headphone and have very different conclusions. That doesn't mean that we can't measure the output of that headphone and use that to guide our individual...
  9. F

Then you are not interested in the accurate reproduction of recordings. Nothing wrong with that choice but it is wrong to look at research around accurate sound reproduction through that lens and then determine that research will lead to a "McDonalds product". Interestingly the Harman targets...
  10. F

I read your other posts and this is my understanding of some of your thoughts. * A headphone has a particular sound signature by design and these sound signatures are appropriate for different environments/music/preferences. * You agree an EQ can change the frequency response. * You have tried...
  11. F

How do these differences affect what we hear at the ear without affecting the frequency response?
Top Bottom