Search results

1. Barryfromholland

What are the three most expensive audio purchases you've made? How would you do you see them now post hoc?

A pair of dynaudio confidence 30’s enjoy them almost every day for a year now. Awfully expensive but great sound. Great to have them in my house :)
  2. Barryfromholland

Eversolo DMP A-8 compared to Eversolo DMP A-6 ‘Master’

hello dear Keith, comparision is from memory, sold my A-6 ME days before. no hard evidence, so anecdotal, exactly like I mentioned. but some people, like me, like anecdotal information about sound experience. and some people doubt that these measurements tell the whole story. Sound stage and...
  3. Barryfromholland

If I wrote that both devices sounded the same, it would be just as unsubstantiate. It is just my opinion about the sound, differences are small, but nevertheless clearly noticeable for me. and someone may be interested as I am in other peoples opinion. That is what forums are about. curious...
  4. Barryfromholland

because i appreciate her opinion too
  5. Barryfromholland

Blind testing is not very easy to do. I don't need it because I hear difference between A-6 master and A-8. My wife will agree with Keith though, both devices sound fine ;-)
  6. Barryfromholland

I know Keith, havent done that, but I am happy with the purchase and I like to read other peoples opinions so that is why I also share mine. Just to enjoy our audio hobby. and I fully disagree with your constant remarks about how all devices sound "transparent’. They all sound different in...
  7. Barryfromholland

is the DMP A-8 better than the A-6 master edition……………..? Well, here is my impression of the A-8. I received my DMP A-8 a week ago and been listening a few hours per day, I had the dmp a-6 master edition for 6 months. It sounded ok on my system, say 7,5 out of 10. I use the audiophonics purifi...
  8. Barryfromholland

What are we listening to right now..

Radio paradise mellow mix
  9. Barryfromholland

Can anyone explain the VU Meter renaissance?

my explanation: because of bigger screens it is simple and easy to implement.
  10. Barryfromholland

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Eversolo dmp a-8 please, although I already ordered one ;-) and topping DX9 and it would also be nice to do blind listening tests on a revealing system, so we don’t miss anything that influences the sound…..
  11. Barryfromholland

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

because I know I hear a difference between Eversolo a6 and topping d90 se. I like both and differences are not huge. I have both but decided to keep my topping dac, it sounds a little better in my system (as a pre-amplifier). So only use the Eversolo as a streamer. i wouldn’t mind a blind...
  12. Barryfromholland

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Curious if you hear difference between both dac’s. I keep using my topping d90se dac, because I hear a little improvement over the A6 master version dac. but some people keep telling there is no difference because the dmp a-6 is ‘transparent’……….
  13. Barryfromholland

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

In beekhuyen’s measurements were minor differences visible which could result in audible difference, he shows. why wouldn’t these visible differences in measurements be audible? i think our hearing can be very precize in some ways, we can pick up really minor changes in sound.
  14. Barryfromholland

The comparison between master and standard edition by Hans Beekhuyzen contains measurements as well as a subjective listening impression. I thought it was a pretty thorough comparison. the master edition was the better one, but both very good. even with an external dac the master edition had a...
  15. Barryfromholland

updated to v1.1.80: radio paradise works as a charm, thanks for that, it is my morning coffee radio station. ipad upgrade is however not clear to me, displays a very small album art and I cannot see an improvement over the last version 1.75. however, as an ‘older’ audio enthousiast, I am...
  16. Barryfromholland

Now, when I play with an external dac via usb connection there is no ticking sound through the speakers when I change source. Could be the update or it was just the click from a relais or something. I have to try with the internal dac to be sure. thanks for the reply!
  17. Barryfromholland

Thanks for that, great news!
  18. Barryfromholland

I don’t have a separate pre-amp. I use the topping d90se as a pre-amplifier to the purifi power amp. I tried the eversolo dmp-a6 master edition also as a pre amp. I love the simplicity of having no separate pre-amp. The less machines the better. But some say adding a real separate pre-amp sounds...
  19. Barryfromholland

What is audibly transparent exactly? do they sound exactly the same? With other components? i Don’t know, I have only the master edition. What I do know is that my topping d90se dac/pre amp sounds a little more dynamic/sparkle/wider soundstage in my system and through my ears. a few more...
  20. Barryfromholland

It was sighted off coarse, but I have no interest in either those companies and don’t sell hifi gear like Keith. in fact, I really wanted to get rid of my topping dac, less apparatus in my life and easier remote control with app. I like the Eversolo dmp a6, but in retrospect I would rather...
Top Bottom