Search results

1. raybies

Marantz Cinema 50 AVR Review

Answering my own question: Your enter the name of the receiver eg: CINEMA 50 Your are then presented with another menu with 2 sub menus.
  2. raybies

Does anyone know what you can do in the Advanced menu of the web UI? This is an ugly target curve which is inspired by Fibonacci and Knowles (https://www.knowles.com/preferred-listening-response), but in my environment sounds significantly better than the default and Harman curves I've tried...
  3. raybies

Tightly focused around the left pillow and away from the wall. I used the default curve, with 1 bright (+3dB treble) and 1 warm (-3 treble) curve, settling on the Bright. Don't misunderstand, there's nothing amiss with the sound; it simply doesn't augment Audessey's contribution, perhaps...
  4. raybies

Speaker placement recommendation for Aura 3D. Objective: Increase immersion; currently, the sound isn't as enveloping as I desire; it distinctly originates from the front. I have a 3.1 + Cinema 50 in my bedroom; it's my 2nd unit. The first broke with the Protection LED flashing @ 0.5s. After...
  5. raybies

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

I use a miniDSP as my PC soundcard, it has 10 x PEQ w/ import from REW. 4 profiles: 3 for different HPs and 1 w/ PEQ + xover + delay for amp + sub. I can get wide staging with the centre spot right bang in the middle of my 49" ultrawide w/ the speakers at different distances. You could...
  6. raybies

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

FIR Filters. Not sure about that... I can enter numbers in to my miniDSP and get TOTALLY messed up sound, wierd echoes, static, whole bunch of horrible sounds @ huge dB. DSP effects have been pretty popular with Dolby and available on the PC for decades. My $1k Walkman has some DSP effects which...
  7. raybies

...if there's one thing I learnt 22yrs ago as a sw developer, there's only one thing better than doing it yourself, and that's getting 100's of people to do it for you. API + ARM SoC + storage > DAC = happy days. I think there's demand for DSP correction and effects, you know stuff you can...
  8. raybies

Loooong time lurker, 1st post. The L30 went in to my desktop setup PC > miniDSP > SVS 3000 Micro|L30 > Headphones|DIY Class A Amp > DIY speakers. @JohnYang1997 great little amp; mine has been very transparent, with the only negative a slight physical drag on the pot. Sorry the successful launch...
Top Bottom