Search results

1. Timcognito

Recommendation for a first AVR setup with a big focus on stereo music

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/master-deals-massdrop-ebay-amazon-etc-thread-on-audio-product-sales.3118/post-1960099
  2. Timcognito

Finding a good DAC/ADC for my system

Then the WiiM Pro may be to your liking. Again big thread here.
  3. Timcognito

Or an all in one like this https://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/equipment-reviews/1678-minidsp-shd-power-integrated-amplifier-dac Many here like the Wiim Amp and there is large thread about that one, less $$ than the SHD Power
  4. Timcognito

Does the AVR have Dirac or Audyssey room correction. Get your manual and play with those.
  5. Timcognito

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

BEST: Coming to ASR for free and learning every way to analyze and improve my sound systems WORST: Coming to ASR and obsessing over every way to analyze and improve my sound systems then buying new stuff, obsessing over it Oh well it is a hobby after all ;)
  6. Timcognito

E30 is a great DAC look into DSP for real gains in sound improvement. Maybe miniDSP Flex.
  7. Timcognito

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Well put. I too can hear differences but only with single or dual instrument closely miked recordings. Best done with headphones excluding the room effects. But that kind of reinforces there are no differences except in the meticulous recording techniques and environments where dramatic...
  8. Timcognito

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Yeah maybe EA in the background. Just a guess on my part. :)
  9. Timcognito

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

Everybody on Contemporary Records The Contemporary catalog is filled with important efforts by Sonny Rollins, Ornette Coleman, Cecil Taylor, Benny Golson, Art Farmer, Phineas Newborn, Benny Carter, Helen Humes, the Curtis Counce Group, Victor Feldman, Harold Land, Teddy Edwards...
  10. Timcognito

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

Heard he feinged death and is in Montana, a dental floss tycoon
  11. Timcognito

A Call For Humor!

Best time to go to the dentist.... 2:30 Dad Joke
  12. Timcognito

A Call For Humor!

Last one ...found an old thumb drive... I'll be back
  13. Timcognito

A Call For Humor!

14. Timcognito

A Call For Humor!

15. Timcognito