Search results

1. King_Pin

What is the proper setup when hooking up powered monitors to receiver?

Equipment: Receiver - Denon x4500h Left/Right - Kali IN-8 V2 Sub - Temblor T10 Setup currently: Front Left/Right preouts from receiver (RCA) out to Subwoofer Inputs (RCA) out from Subwoofer XLR to Front Left/Right XLR I was forced to move and had to downgrade my HT setup so I sold all my...
  2. King_Pin

Gustard DAC-X16 not working.

Thanks but I don't have another DAC. I hooked up VIA USB and it works again. Windows 10 recognized it right away and everything is working right again. Tells me it's either the optical on my mobo or the DAC is not working.
  3. King_Pin

Gustard DAC-X16 not working.

Anyone else by chance had theirs just not work all of a sudden? Yesterday I had sound all day and then an hour later all of a sudden nothing. I am connected through optical cable from my computer. Hooked up to a Presonus Temblor 10 sub and Kali Audio IN-8 V2 monitors. I tried a new optical...
  4. King_Pin

Sub for Kali Audio IN-8 V2

That's how i use them 90% of the time. I have no regrets. I really thought the sound would be a bit thin without the sub but they work very well without it as long as you aren't expecting much impact. Vocals are clean and smooth, the high end I love but I think may be a bit hot out of the...
  5. King_Pin

Sub for Kali Audio IN-8 V2

Yes very happy. I know my setup is less than ideal but it's way more than I need and much more than I expected TBH. The sub IMO is more then capable and from someone who likes things to go loud the Kali's seem to do that without any problem. Would I suggest this setup for home theater or tv...
  6. King_Pin

What's Cooking? Show us Your Plated Food Photos!

Slow roasted brisket, pork loin with a black cherry and orange peel reduction, chicken stir fry, and my everything but the kitchen sink Pho.
  7. King_Pin

Desktop Speaker Stands

Like these? They are the Gatorworks adjustable stands and I had an extension welded to them. Sprayed them with black plastidip and all done. I also bolted them to my desk due to the size of my speakers.
  8. King_Pin

Meyer Sound Amie & Subwoofer detailed measurements

I agree. My family had them in their nightclub. All Meyers equipment and they were incredibly clean and powerful.
  9. King_Pin

Best sub for the Kali LP-8's

I have the PRESONUS TEMBLOR T10 paired with my IN-8 V2's at my desk and it's scary good and powerful. Granted I don't know if this for your desk or room.
  10. King_Pin

What's Cooking? Show us Your Plated Food Photos!

Butterflied pork tenderloin rubbed then seared and grilled. Finished off with a peanut, orange and honey glaze. Roasted Yukon Golds. Greek salad with Feta.
  11. King_Pin

Kali Audio IN-8v2 (Second Wave) 3-Way Studio Monitor Review

I got mine from ZZsounds a while ago. Came out to $1134 with exchange so I'm happy to see that the pricing is pretty much in line.
  12. King_Pin

My re-engineered desktop stands

The 21" subs are bigger and weigh more than my pup. :D
  13. King_Pin

LOL 8 of them plus 2 in the drawer. Although 2 are not audio related. One is for my fan and the other controls outlets I have lights plugged into.
  14. King_Pin

Yeah I like nice things. I would have spent more but I was already over $10k deep with the computer and other audio stuff on the right so I dialed it back on the speakers.
  15. King_Pin

Nothing professional. Just as computer speakers.
  16. King_Pin

Well. Setup is done. New computer installed. Speakers installed. A weekend worth of work for me. If the word "Overkill" comes into your head LOL well that's my nickname in the DIY audio world. Wretched excess is beautiful! BTW they sound pretty good right off the get go...
  17. King_Pin

You'll love my jersey collection.
  18. King_Pin

Yup. Little fukker jumped straight from my chair 6' away and tried to chomp on the squirrel he saw on my old 75" tv.
  19. King_Pin

Gustard X16 Owners feedback...

I hate to ask this question in fear of being laughed at but here goes. My New computer has SPDIF(which looks like toslink to me) or USB. Is it my understanding USB is better followed by SPDIF to connect to the X16? I'm not a serious music listener on my computer but since I have the...
  20. King_Pin

HAHA yeah. Can you tell I'm single. :D One 85"tv, one 4k 40" computer monitor and the monitor that you can barely see is a 43" monitor for my retro gaming system. Old setup below.
Top Bottom