Search results

1. J

KEF R3 Speaker Review

I think you’re severe limited by your room setup. A room calibration would benefit you the most - I’d suggest you start out with a umic 1 and rew to take some measurements and see what’s going on frequency response wise then consider whether room correction would help you. It may be that the...
  2. J

KEF R3 Speaker Review

From the graph it looks like 1/24 smoothing is applied. Still though that is excellent behaviour.
  3. J

KEF Reference and Blade Meta announced, but where is the R Meta?????

I'd just go ahead and order if I where you - for example the below two are showing in stock and 3 day delivery. Maybe the back office person didn't talk to the front office person :) https://premiumsound.co.uk/product/speakers/centre-channel/kef-r2c-centre-channel-speaker/...
  4. J

Here you go: https://premiumsound.co.uk/product/speakers/centre-channel/kef-r2c-centre-channel-speaker/ https://homeavdirect.co.uk/kef-r2c-centre-speaker-gloss-black https://www.spatialonline.co.uk/products/kef-r2c-r-series-centre-speaker?variant=39319296737378&currency=GBP...
  5. J

https://petertyson.co.uk/brands/k-l/kef/r-series?color=47 In stock here :)
  6. J

SVS 3000 Micro Subwoofer (announced)

I’ve got a single 3000micro with the kef R3s. I’ve posted measurements earlier on in this sub. They reach quite comfortably down to 20hz and volume wise it offers much more than my neighbours can handle. So personally I am happy with it as it’s small, good looking and performing amazingly well...
  7. J

KEF R3 Speaker Review

To be fair you will most likely need a sub for movies due to the LFE channel, as most speakers can’t really reach down that low (20hz). Also a sub gives you the opportunity to optimise bass response due to freedom of placement. Personally I’d go with stand mounters and subs as they are then...
  8. J

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

It’s under the mutieq frequency range menu.
  9. J

If your speakers are decent, simply download the audissey app and set the frequency correction limit to 300-400hz. Anything above that would be your speakers without correction. Why? Because the biggest issues that the calibration is trying to fix are in the base region and that is where you...
  10. J

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Depends on your room decor. Personally I bought the black ones as my TV unit is black & grey. If you have a white TV unit I’d go for white.
  11. J

I had contemplated the same thing before I realised I didn’t even use 10% the power of the amp as was listening to regular volume :) More power would help at high listening volumes. What db are you listening to on average?
  12. J

It’s worth upgrading just for audussey xt32 in my view. It will help out sort out room issues massively compared to I think the plain XT that yours has (?), especially with a sub involved.
  13. J

Yes. You can setup profiles that switch inputs and set parameters on the AVR (up to 4)
  14. J

SVS 3000 Micro Subwoofer (announced)

I’ve experimented with my R3s and 3000 micro with the ports fully and partly plugged and completely unplugged. It will all depend on your room placement. I’ve got mine close to the wall so a completely unplugged scenario caused a significant hump around the XO frequency with the sub. Fully...
  15. J

KEF R3 Speaker Review

No sale in the UK. Only 20% off if you part exchange (any?) speaker. In the past when the R300s were end of life there were some pretty decent (50% off) sales on them.
  16. J

KEF R3 Speaker Review

If you want more base unplug the rear ports and try again. As said below also try not to boost dips but rather cut peaks. You have an ugly one at 200-300hz that is causing you the unnatural voice characteristics. Limit to 400-500hz - no need to go any higher. Also if you want to get even better...
  17. J

If your external amp maxes it’s output with 1.4 volts input you don’t need to disconnect the internal amps - there is no benefit sinead wise. If you’re willing to accept a sinead reduction you can drive as stated above even higher inputs but with some degradation in quality compared to if having...
  18. J

yes you can run any number and any channel with an external amp. The catch is to make sure your external amp can deliver full power at 1.4V input or less.
  19. J

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Got the R3 with a 3000micro and for a small size living room it’s amazing. I’ve posted graphs on the SVS 3000 micro thread with my old R300 speakers - not much different to the R3s. Doubt any of these subs would feel you lacking unless you’re set on 100db+ at 20hz :)
  20. J

KEF R3 Speaker Review

From my experience owning the R3 is that its generally neutral with a very small hint of brightness in the highs. Any more and it would be very much coloured. If you want intense highs then you want a B&W speaker, but they are not neutral by any means, so they will colour your sound!
Top Bottom