Search results

1. Z

Review and Measurements of Totaldac d1-six DAC

A: I understand what plot shows and the conditions; obviously you don't understand that I do (you didn't understand the irony in my post too) B: This one is pretty much a worthless graph as it doesn't discern the audible from the inaudible in a visual way C: I want acknowledgement from the...
  2. Z

That's odd. I assume those were D-class amps? How old were those two? AB class amps don't just die, even entry level ones don't; hifi in general should be a long lasting equipment.
  3. Z

I understand this KSTR; however we don't know from this graph how much of this is ultrasonic and how much is audible. Because it's all mixed up. So while you or me may understand what's in this graph, how many of this thread's readers understand the vast majority of this is ultrasonic?
  4. Z

If only there was the way to do what you usually do when listening to equipment, only without seeing what's connected, it would be the best.
  5. Z

Well if there's a claim that those measurements -the way they are performed and which are performed- mean the objective quality of the gear, which implies it should sound better as well. But quality as we perceive it includes personal preference and criteria, as it can't be separated. Quality...
  6. Z

I don't and I didn't defend this particular DAC. Especially not its price. Being a subjectivist, I can't comment its sound because I didn't have a chance to hear it - so I remain neutral on this. I still believe in R2R NOS concept being meaningful. With its price tag, it's a status symbol gear...
  7. Z

AD1865 supports both OS mode and NOS mode, you can use oversampling or not with the AD1865, it's up to the implementation. But at least some sigma-delta DAC chips offer NOS mode as well.
  8. Z

It's fairly simple design. Here is one such...
  9. Z

I have few delta-sigma's (Hifiberry DAC+ on RPi, Micromega MyDac) and few NOS R2R's. My main DAC is DIY made of ebay board based on AD1865, the total cost of material was bit more than 150 USD. Big transformer power section used, 2*15W for analog + 15W for digital. I have as well one NiMh...
  10. Z

Pretty much all gear reviewed here is high fidelity. Including the DAC from the thread. In case you don't think it is, reread Amir's DBT comments from the initial post. It doesn't change a thing. It's still a subjective hobby.
  11. Z

My gear is not expensive. If you think I'm justifying dollars spent you're wrong. I never spent much. As for EQ well some claim that DRC limited to <300 Hz makes much sense. But again it depends on a listening room whether you need it at all. One day I'll try that nevertheless.
  12. Z

There's no perfection in any gear. In a world of imperfect, we may incline to specific imperfections to meet our preference, or even want bigger imperfections to mask lesser imperfection, but which otherwise goes to the opposite side of our personal preference. In other words, there's no...
  13. Z

Hifi is pretty much a subjective hobby. Impressions are of subjective nature. And listening impressions (plus enjoying in music) are the reason why audiophiles are in this at first place. One can't escape the fact that criteria what sounds good and what is enjoyable are personal. And that you...
  14. Z

The fact is that this is 'ad hominem' attacking of the person which doesn't have anything to do with the thread, or hifi in general.
  15. Z

Amir tested like 150, 200 DACs or devices here, and still doesn't know how to properly set up a bandwidth to do a proper frequency measurement. That's amateur level mistake. Defend him as much as you wish since this is cult-like atmosphere anyway.
  16. Z

We can agree on this only if we agree on that what you think as well doesn't mean anything. Do we agree, then? And don't take it personal if what you think means nothing. Like those guesses about what ESS did and what they didn't do with their listening session setups.
  17. Z

I was talking about ESS. Manufacturer is wrong word, a good one is industry.
  18. Z

It looks to me that everybody's trying to find explanations about what's going on, while neither side still fully understands what's going on. We're still missing some knowledge.
  19. Z

The nature of a business is never such it needs to disclose anything. I don't see a relevance in specifying methods. They sell end products and it's those who are as such open to be evaluated. All what's being done is tested by developers and customers in various ways. Regardless of which...
  20. Z

And this is a specific measurement which is missing here. What else is missing? Do we have a complete knowledge? We can't know it. We only know after we find what's been missing that it wasn't the case.
Top Bottom